• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Intrest Study Project - Christianity's impact on Aboriginal artwork (1 Viewer)

Gilby7

HSC
Okay...so i was given an assessment where i could do it on basically anything. We need to formulate our own question and then answer it. I decided to make my question this:
"How has Christianity impacted Aboriginal artwork?"
With that I can branch out into tribes and areas and...elaborate lol
Only problem is, i dont have much information, i thought there would be more information available :vcross:

can someone please help?

P.s. Diary for it is due on friday (15th Feb) so im getting kinda desperate D:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Okay...so i was given an assessment where i could do it on basically anything. We need to formulate our own question and then answer it. I decided to make my question this:
"How has Christianity impacted Aboriginal artwork?"
With that I can branch out into tribes and areas and...elaborate lol
Only problem is, i dont have much information, i thought there would be more information available :vcross:

can someone please help?

P.s. Diary for it is due on friday (15th Feb) so im getting kinda desperate D:
What year group and topic?
Am guessing Yr 11, Nature of Religion but would be good to know

Also, is this an ISP? (given you have called it an ISP)

If so, be very worried as the ISP was discontinued in the new syallbus 4 years ago so for a teacher to be recycling back into yr 11 (if Im right about your yr group that is) is really poor form.

If yr 12 and you are doing this as an actual assignment that is not attached to a unit, complain/seek clarification straight away as, if its an ISP (again, these initials are what you have used), I would be very worried as it was taken out of the syllabus for a reason

If not and your teacher is just recycling an old (and really bad idea) back into yr 11, you have picked a really difficult area and I would advise picking another!

Did they give you a range of topic areas/question areas or is it whatever you can think of?

HTH and isnt really confusing!

If not

Last edited:

Gilby7

HSC
What year group and topic?
Am guessing Yr 11, Nature of Religion but would be good to know.....
Mmmmmm......i think my school is just....eh. lol and its HSC :|
not year 11...there are like 15 areas we can choose from D:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Mmmmmm......i think my school is just....eh. lol and its HSC :|
not year 11...there are like 15 areas we can choose from D:
Areas like art, biography, architecture etc?

If so, thats the old ISP (from the old syllabus) and your school shouldnt be doing as it was removed from the current syllabus for a reason.

The reason Im asking is that Im concerned that you maybe studying the wrong stuff as your teacher sounds like they are using the old syllabus!

What school? Is this the first time they have taught SOR?

You really need to check this out as it *could* your HSC exam at stake here

Alll assessments must reflect/be linked to a unit of study and this one sounds like it clearly isnt .: its not a valid assessment task ie you will NOT be tested on Aboriginal Art in the HSC exam!

Ask questions...download the correct syllabus at http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/studies_religion_syl_05.pdf and double check it against what you have done in class

If all OK and its just a dodgy assessment, speak to the co-ordinator and ask what its assessing. If not happy with this answer, see the principal/deputy and get it worked out as its not a proper assessment task

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)