• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Introducing Yourself (1 Viewer)

hero.

HSC
N/A
Have an interview this Friday, never been in an interview and this happens to be a group interview as well.

At some point during this interview, I believe I would be asked to introduce myself. Whilst I have lots of things to say about myself, I think some of it may be irrelevant or completely boring. So what sort of stuff would you go about saying and for how long?

G

Gavvvvvin

I'd just stick with talking about your current situation (education/employment), your future goals and why your there/what you hope to get out of the job.

hannahxxx

HSC
Make sure when you tell them about yourself you relate your qualities directly back to the job criteria...that's really the reason most places ask that question...
edit: I don't mean verbally-I mean mentally.E.g.mention you're in a sporting team (if you are) because that demonstrates you're into teamwork(which is what a lot of businesses are reliant on). Or say you're doing well at school/uni because that shows you're hardworking and employers value that. Or go on about school activities you do because that shows you'll go out of your way to get involved in things and you're dedicated/reliable.

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Don't mumble! Speak loud and clear and tell both the people your being interviewed by and the audience WHO YOU ARE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)