• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Investigative Major Work (1 Viewer)

HSC
I read somewhere that your major work is to be substantial and may be:

i. imaginative
ii. investigative
iii. interpretive
iv. analytical
v. combination of above

I was just wondering about points ii and iv..

I know that you can do a critical analysis but would you be allowed
to do like a report? So if I wanted to describe something etc..

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Nah, it has to be a critical response/analysis/evaluation.

I guy in my class though did the Obama Election and how that acted as a fundamental step towards multiculturalism in america etc. So you can describe an event but then you have to bring in various persepectives or even just one perspective and go deeper than just describing it. :)

Last edited:
HSC
Nah, it has to be a critical response/analysis/evaluation.

I guy in my class though did the Obama Election and how that acted as a fundamental step towards multiculturalism in america etc. So you can describe an event but then you have to bring in various persepectives or even just one perspective and go deeper than just describing it. :)
Oh yeah right..thanks

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
interpretive and analytical would suggest form of a critical essay. a 'report' isn't a form you can use for EE2. sure, you could describe something, but i'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'describe'. You can obviously describe stuff in the nature of writing a short story/poem/etc but you can't 'describe' in the way of just recounting a historical event or something along those lines.

HSC
interpretive and analytical would suggest form of a critical essay. a 'report' isn't a form you can use for EE2. sure, you could describe something, but i'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'describe'. You can obviously describe stuff in the nature of writing a short story/poem/etc but you can't 'describe' in the way of just recounting a historical event or something along those lines.
yeah i was pretty vague but i just remember reading something from the showcase and it had all these diagrams and it seemed to be really..out there type stuff..so i was just wondering

also, are you only allowed to write one essay/short story/ ?
if i wanted to do break it up..and do say two essays..would that be okay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)