• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Investment Banking VS Lawyer (1 Viewer)

if you do fin/law u could do both of these jobs, im wondering which has the highest salary, which has longer working hours? id assume law has highest wage and most stressful with most working hours, but i know investment banking has alot of hours too. which is a more stressful job with longer hours and if you could have the opportunity to choose which one would you do?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
codereder said:
id assume law has highest wage and most stressful with most working hours
Other way around.

Except perhaps most stressful.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Omnidragon said:
But then again... if you're a high-flyer, you should go for IB because they seem to churn out more successful candidates in consultancy. IMHO, I think a person below a UAI of 99.5 tends to be quite an ordinary performer in Commerce/Law at the top tier unis. Just a trend I've noticed in law school... but there are exceptions.
When you say that a UAI < 99.5 tends to produce an ordinary performer, do you think that's because they just don't have the ability to do well or because Com/Law is such a rigorous course that it requires a high level of work that could only have been achieved by an HSC student who gained a UAI > 99.5?

Omnidragon said:
Given that situation, they have a very slim chance of IB job and should just settle for Big 4
I'm looking to do Com/Law with a Finance major in Com. I know that IB is virtually the ideal job of a finance graduate, but of course very few get in. What happens to those who don't?...what other jobs are available in the finance industry? Coz when you say Big 4, I immediately think of accounting and I've always had the perception of accounting as being the "safety net" in case one doesn't get a job in finance...but can you get an accounting job without an Accounting major? Are there still good job prospects for an ordinary-above average Fin/Law student?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)