• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Investments (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Hey im not sure which sub forum this is meant to go into, there is no "Finance or business" sub forum, seems odd to me, anyway, does anyone know anything about investments such as managed funds or the like im interested in investing within banks such as Anz or commonewealth, i dont know to much but yeah just curious as to what people think or know, if anyone has any knowledge or knows of a good fund to invest in.

kow_dude

HSC
I don't know much about investments at this point. I have two bank accounts: Commonwealth and AMP. AMP is one of those banks with higher interest rates.

Always

HSC
Managed funds are a good option if you're looking for a safe, stable form of investment, but the returns aren't particularly high. You'll need to lock your money in there for a long time if you want anything close to a decent return, and if you ever need to pull your money out you'll lose a lot of interest.

It all depends on how much money you have. Go to different banks and compare the interest rate and different account options. In my opinion, ANZ gives the highest return out of all the big banks.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
thanks always, so what type of fund would produce a high return for a short term investment..and btw im not sure i understand most of it, i was on the Colonial bank site and it had a summary, eg Income Component and Growth component, with headings under 3 mths, 1 year, 3 years etc and each had a percentage eg. 3 mths Income component =2.2% and growth component = 1.13%..im not sure what this means if i were to invest $1000 in a managed fund..do you know how this stuff actually works, and also if you invest in a managed fund do they try and make you money? ie those responsible with your money

Always

HSC
Investing on the Stock Market can be quite profitable, but there are risks involved. It will require you to have a knowledge on stock movements (where to invest, when to pull out, etc). There are many implications involved... this may not be the best option for you if you're only looking for short-term, stable investment.

2% interest on $1000 means you'll receive a return of $20. I'm not sure what you mean though. You will receive the interest specified for that particular account provided you meet the requirements by the time your investment matures.

My knowledge is limited, based on what I hear of other people's experiences.

Good luck.

7th Sign

HSC
I find that bank investments are not that great.

Recently I have been very interested in investing in cars and things such as that.

My first purchase made me around $2500 profit in under 3 months.

Its a high risk investment but the rewards pay off, I almost made $5000 this week but I missed out on a killer bargin :(

as for investing with the commonwealth are you stupid LOL...

I had a few thousand in ING they give decent return on your money liek 6-7% ...

shares would probly give more but...

commonwealth's interest rates are soo bad its not funny...lol

7th Sign

HSC
sikeveo said:
investing in cars lol...

Investing in a liability doesn't pay off.

how do you think car yards make money?????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

they buy them dirt cheap when people are desprate to sell then they increase the price,

a every day joe can do this if he has the right contacts and the money to start with...

it kills investing with pitaful 4% interest rates liek most people...even shares are crap in comparison

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
The golden rule of investing:

High Risk = High Return

vice versa

High Return = High Risk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)