• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ip diary (1 Viewer)

Meinzee

hey what needs to be included in the ip process diarys? im doing costume design for 12th night and im not sure what needs to be in the diary

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Um...these are a few things I'm sure should go in:

every single idea you have thought about for ur costume design!
background research on costumes
research on the play
characters
every single design u draw up
fabrics and materials
your rationale
why you chose this subject
what u want to achieve, etc
the context that u want to set the costumes in

i'll be back with more :)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Analysis of the play, EXTENSIVE analysis.
A directorial concpet of the play mapped out. Show your marker that you know what the overall play will look like and how your costumes fit in.

Remember: Cause your project is submitted, it takes the place of the discussion that performance students get afterwards. Communicate things to your marker through it!

Crowie

HSC
N/A
but u dont need 2 go in 2 the detail 4 the markers cause they dont read every part of your log book they only flip through it and ask for any important things you would like 2 point out
your concept of your design must b in your rationale

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Crowie said:
ask for any important things you would like 2 point out
you cant actually point out anything as it is a Submitted IP, which means ur not there when the marker makrs ur work :) Hence why Will_Sparky said:
Will_Sparky said:
Remember: Cause your project is submitted, it takes the place of the discussion that performance students get afterwards. Communicate things to your marker through it!

pungpui

HSC
the reason they actually make you do a log (and not mark it) it because of other arts subjects.

when my teacher was on the comittee writing this syllabus she wanted there 2 be no log book at all (coz its not fair since performances only get a glace, while submitted works give markers lots of time to read log books in much more detail), she said the only reason they want a log book is coz visual arts makes you submit a process diary, and they want to keep it fair with that, in addition to helping to make sure you dont just plagarise anything

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
pungpui said:
the reason they actually make you do a log (and not mark it) it because of other arts subjects.

when my teacher was on the comittee writing this syllabus she wanted there 2 be no log book at all (coz its not fair since performances only get a glace, while submitted works give markers lots of time to read log books in much more detail), she said the only reason they want a log book is coz visual arts makes you submit a process diary, and they want to keep it fair with that, in addition to helping to make sure you dont just plagarise anything
Well, I guess that is sorta like 4u English, the marker can't touch your logbook unless they suspect plagerism and have to fill out a form in order to view it. Well then, I guess that makes ALOT of sense :p why didn't you come out with this earlier pungpui? :p

pungpui

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Well, I guess that is sorta like 4u English, the marker can't touch your logbook unless they suspect plagerism and have to fill out a form in order to view it. Well then, I guess that makes ALOT of sense :p why didn't you come out with this earlier pungpui? :p
well she told us AGES ago...something i remember but not on the top of my head...needed prodding and this post prodded my mind to that...

but they do actually read your log, not just if they suspect plagerism...coz they read the group performance logs, individual performance logs, and submitted work logs (hence the primary reason why my teacher disagreed to them).

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Skillo said:
The markers who came to my school took a damn good while reading through our performance logs...I swear after each performance they took anywhere between 15 and 25 mins.
Thats probably 'cause they were arguing over marks :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)