• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IP Log Books - Getting Started (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Hey guys, for all the 04'ers out there, how did you start on your log book? I'm doing scriptwriting and I don't really have much of an idea on where to start log book wise. The main problem I have for this and EE2, is that I've been thinking of my idea for months and have a pretty clear-cut idea...but obviously you have to start at least pretending you started in the fourth term.

So what should my first few pages consist of? I have absolutely no idea and I want to find out for tomorrow as my weekend will be just a tad boring without some log book work to keep me occupied.

Thanks in advance,
Taxxy ;)

emmamar

HSC
do things like mind maps, word associations, put in random things about certain plays or forms of theatre that you found interesting, talk bout what forms interest you what issues interest you even if they have nothing to do with the topic you want to end up with... 'research' anything that remotely relates to what you eventually want to end up with... its basically rambling just to show u have thought bout it... start writing your script you'll be editing it all year so it'll again show your process..

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
First pages of my logbook is every idea I ever had, as i moved on in pages, i ended up choosing 3 ideas and exploring each of them, then when i hit major blocks, i gave up on two and yeah, thats basically the first few pages. a rationale wouldnt hurt, outlining what you want to achieve through your individual project. it doesn't even need to be a mess, just write down neatly all your ideas!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
First pages of my logbook is every idea I ever had, as i moved on in pages, i ended up choosing 3 ideas and exploring each of them, then when i hit major blocks, i gave up on two and yeah, thats basically the first few pages. a rationale wouldnt hurt, outlining what you want to achieve through your individual project. it doesn't even need to be a mess, just write down neatly all your ideas!
yeh that's good ^^^ :uhhuh:

basically, i ended up with 3 journals because i was constantly sticking in information, reviews (i did theatre crit), heaps of mind maps with ideas of what i wanted to do. lots of brainstorming. and yeh write an initial rationale of what u want to accomplish, coz you're going to need that at the end to reflect on. I made the mistake of NOT writing one, and wishing i had when i finished the project. It's also a good idea to stick in the syllabus outlines for IP ... it shows you've researched and know EXACTLY what's required of u :)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
OK, thanks a lot for that guys. I'll get started on it tonight then...ooh, I'm so excited! REPS FOR ALL!

Oh, and Will...you wouldn't happen to be Alicia and Danniella's friend Daniel would u? You look a helluva lot like him/you...if you are, I'm Max...Alicia's mate and Danniella's ex...

EDIT: Sorry Will and grky gil...won't let me rep you :(...how does a rep as a figment of your imagination sound?

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Haha...sorry bout that. This guy's from Macquarie Fields I think...around there somewhere. You just look incredibly like him...in the dark anyway. Maybe you need to have a talk with your mum...twins split at birth?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
i doubt :p, ive investigated the whole seperated at birth thing cause I look like SO many ppl, but its not true :p

Down past livo so really not that far, okay pretty far :p

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Not really...I live in Casula, which is pretty much Livo and Mac Fields is only about 10-15minutes away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)