IPT help! please! (1 Viewer)

Scifi97

HSC
Hey Guys!

I need some help with my IPT assignment on Automatic Teller Machines "ATM'S".

The questions i do not get are;

1.The system environment - including the people who are part of its environment but are not direct users

2. The system participants - the direct users of the system and their role(s) in the system

3.The data entered into the system (my teacher said, which i still don't really understand is... when the walk to the machine, the code, security details, there bank details) (Mathematical stuff) (the bank has to have a record of the persons details)

4.The information the system provides

5.The information technology used by the system

help would be much appreciated :)

Kat92

HSC
Your teacher is right.

Think of the ATM in these regards:

Data/information: Card number, account number, BSB number, PIN, account transactions.

Participants: Cardholder.

Information technology: Card reader, keypad, display screen, printer, cash, cash dispenser.

Relationships: Cardholder inserts card into ATM reader, enters PIN on keypad, then selects transaction service required. Cash may be issued and receipt may be printed. All data is stored at central collection point.

If you were to do a Diagrammatic Representation of an Information System it may help you with your thoughts before writing up the different sections.

Hence, you would look at:
•Environment - everything that influences and is influenced by the information system.
•Purpose - a statement identifying who the information system is for and what it needs to achieve.
•Information Processes - computer based and non-computer based activities
•Participants - A special class of user who carries out the information processes within an information system.
•Data - The raw material used by information processes.
•Information - The output displayed by an information system.
•Information Technology - Hardware and software used in information processes.

bye-bye-HSC

HSC
N/A
Would someone help me this question
At various times, government in various countries have suggested that no law abiding citizen should have any reason to object to registering their private encryption keys with a government authority. Do you agree with this ? Provide examples to justify your position

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)