IPT Major Project 45% Weighting (1 Viewer)

M o r p h X

Yo ppl...

Check it... heres da IPT major project given to us..... .worth 45%

THE TASK====>>>

UCHUZ is a music retail chain that wants to trial a new concept of selling music. The customer compiles all their own music and multimedia selection from different artists, and can even create their own covers from a database of templates.
They select their music from different categories displayed on terminals throughout the store. The excerpts of each track appear on databases and play for 10 seconds.
There are no CDs on racks.
Once the customer compiles the selection an order is placed and then a CD is ready within the hour. Orders can be placed over the internet but the recorded excerpts cannot be heard on the website.
UCHUZ charges more than your standard CD to cover costs which include copyright. It also has payment options of cash, EFTPOS and an exclusive UCHUZ store charge card.

AND WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO:

Company wants you to design this new system and detail all aspects of its implementation and the impact that it will have on its business.

Any thoughts on how to approach this ..... taking in consideration of the topics.....
of Multimedia systems / Project work / COmmunicaiton systems / Decisioin support systems...

As it will be assessed on your abiltity to incorpoarte text book knowledge in setting up the system and how to manage a prohject in a methodical (systematic) fashion....... focusin on how you approach the problem and your understanding of the requirements of the system in terms of the processes you use to develop it. ETC

Basically u assume that preliminary investigation has occurred and the solution you develop here is th eone that the client has already acceptred......

Any assitance is appreciated ppl....
Will also.... exchnage ideas if anyone is doing the same thing...
but i doubt it...

Cheers,
M o r p h X

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
man your assignment sounds interesting...

ours is worth 40%...
20% for written component and 20% for prac component... its due in a little over 2 months and 3 weeks... and i havent started :eek:

anyways heres my assignment....

develop a talking book using the system development cycle. it has to be for 5-7 years old, using powerpoint and other mulitmedia programs to develop graphics, animations and sounds... blah blah blah

and the written is basically the feasibility study and all that crap...

hmmz... i better start soon...

big_will08

wow your assessments are really worth a lot!

so far ive done 2 assessments (project work and communications both worth 20%) and the half yearly (10%)

I got Multimedia (20%) left and then its nothing but the Trials(30%)

hmmm i got heaps of work to do for multimedia tho...heaps of bookwork!

Well...Good Luck to you both!

;)

del

HSC
N/A
woah... that is big, but sounds like heaps of fun....

do you have to actually develop the system? that would be heaps cool to develop...

you need to use a database... its a bit weird about the website limitation.. because if that wasn't there, just design a web site which interfaces with a database, and use forms and searching stuff to do all the stuff.....

then instore it could just be running on an intranet....

it would save having to write/design two interfaces as such........

M o r p h X

yo thx del for ur response///

jus wandering .... will i be needed to talk about.... the types of databases to use like....

will be explainin how the data will be collected... and the process after the order has been placed.....

I just need to bring in more technical .... neccessities...

like the type of network setup.... the equipment used etc....

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
u guys sound like you have heaps of work to do!! like major works! ive dont all 15% or 10% assignments, and now im doing my last one before the trials-
-its to decide a decision suuprt system.. its really easy..exept the program we r using is crap.. any one heard of Eshell??

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
u guys sound like you have heaps of work to do!! like major works! ive dont all 15% or 10% assignments, and now im doing my last one before the trials-
-its to decide a decision suuprt system.. its really easy..exept the program we r using is crap.. any one heard of Eshell??

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
finally finished that stupid expert system.. it was easy!!~ haahaa i discover AFTER..:rolleyes:

losty

we are doing our last assessment now before the trials... its for multimedia and we have to make our own animation and webpage.... its worth 20% but at least its a fun one.....
our trial is only worth 10% THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Our project work assessment is worth 45% too. Our task is:

Produce a multimedia system incorporating five of the major media. The presentation must be an example of one of the major uses of multimedia systems. To document the development of this system, use the system development cycle, demonstrating project management and submit a journal to show individual involvement in the system development.

Then theres a heap of different criteria that we have to follow as well.

This assessment is due 24th July.

We have our trials week 6, term 3... and ours is worth 25% i think. Not good.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by losty

our trial is only worth 10% THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!
NO WAY! mines worth a whopping 40% man! how unfair is that?!

Huy

HSC
N/A
our trials are worth 30% - not too big, not too small (it's kelloggs, just right! mmm)

so far we've done everything, mind you, the last few weeks of term 2 were HECTIC!.

we had a transaction processing assessment due in week 8, which was worth 15%

and on the day we handed TPS up, we received the next one,
our major project, to be completed in 2 weeks! WHAT THE!

so far this year:
1. communication systems oral presentation 15%
2. half yearly written exam 20%
3. transaction processing case study report 15%
4. major project 20%
5. trials 30%

i would have preferred the trials to be worth 40%,
just to see everyone else burn hehehe (since most of the guys fail their written exams, but generally perform below-just on average for hand-in assessments)

oral presentations were sucky ... but the trials will separate the men from the boys

here's to success in the trials everyone! :D

fusionized

my trials dont count towards anything :/ we have an ams and communication assessment weighting 20% each (both written) in the next two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)