Ipt single result (1 Viewer)

Haris

HSC
I did IPT as an accelerated course meaning I did my HSC for it in year 11. My result came back as 82 . I'm just curious if this is a result to be proud of for the course or not. My assessment mark was 94 at the end of the course and I was ranked first however my new assessment mark was 86. Can you explain to me how this works and how IPT will be scaled when I complete my other 8 units.

band6man

HSC
Isn't this a VET subject or something? Why would you do that ... Really shaking my head at you right now. It's scaling is horrible, in my opinion you should do 10 units next year if you actually want a good atar. Whether or not you should be proud of it is all relative to your intelligence. For example an 82 is garbage to me (no offence) because I have superior intelligence.

Last edited:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I did IPT as an accelerated course meaning I did my HSC for it in year 11. My result came back as 82 . I'm just curious if this is a result to be proud of for the course or not. My assessment mark was 94 at the end of the course and I was ranked first ho
wever my new assessment mark was 86. Can you explain to me how this works and how IPT will be scaled when I complete my other 8 units.
Your assessment mark changes because what you get in the end for assessment Mark is somethings called a Moderated Assessment Mark. It depends on your position in your school's cohort for that subject (IPT) internally and how well your school's cohort did in the external HSC Exam for IPT. If your cohort did quite poorly externally, it means your assessment mark gets damaged after it gets moderated.

You say you were ranked first internally. When his happens, your moderated assessment mark becomes whatever the highest external mark in your cohort was. So if the highest external HSC mark in your cohort had been say 97, that's what your moderated assessment mark would have been. You ended up 86 moderated assessment mark though, so that means 86 was the highest external mark in your cohort and you got that for your assessment mark.

You can read more about Moderation here: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Isn't this a VET subject or something? Why would you do that ... Really shaking my head at you right now. It's scaling is horrible, in my opinion you should do 10 units next year if you actually want a good atar. Whether or not you should be proud of it is all relative to your intelligence. For example an 82 is garbage to me (no offence) because I have superior intelligence.
IPT is not a VET course. You can see the list of VET courses that were approved for the 2015 HSC here (click on letter I to see IPT is not there):

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/voc_ed/board-endorsed-course-descriptions-2015.html

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
no that is IDT. IPT is a proper subject.

Haris

HSC
It's Not VET -.-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)