Ipt Trial (1 Viewer)

Alex

I did mine on Monday and i studies Automated Manufacturing Systems as one of my options with the usual Multimedia.

AMS was soo bloody hard I didnt do it and ended up doing transaction processing systems even though I have never looked at it before. Anyone in a similar boat?

SuperVeggie

Some people at our school did the wrong topics, too.

But that was because they were stupid.

But really, you're best off having a crack at your proper option topic than something you haven't studied at all. Even if it sounds familiar, or something you could bluff your way through, it probably isn't and you'll end up with a hammeringly low mark.

Rarr.

Spike

your not allowed to do a section u havnt studied in class are you???

my teacher gave everyone a ZERO who attempted a section we didnt study??

is it differnt at your school

I did AMS to it sucked

del

HSC
N/A
in the hsc u can answer whicever options take ur liking... obvisouly common sense would have ppl answering the ones they studied...but who knows.....

...some ppl in our trials attempted all...well they didnt read the paper properly..

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I was so tempted to do TPS or AMS, but I didn't.

But for the people at my school that did, they have just as much of a chance of getting the same or a better mark as the options they studied, because they didn't really do anything in class so if you dont know that much on your topic your going to pick the easy question.

hUnNi

HSC
yeHHh were doin AMS at school n its sOOo hard our teacher dosnt even explain it properly n neither do the textbooks :angry: ..i was considering doing DSS or TPS..i duno if its a good move..i duno whether to waste my time studying another option or to jus stick to AMS and learn it.. :uhoh:

hUnNi

HSC
the ppl in our school r soo stupiD..outa 23 ppl who do IPT at our school 7 of the ppl attempted to all the options..der sOOo stupid :rolleyes: ..geez how cud they know nething bout the oda options.. :eek:

HSC
Originally posted by hUnNi
the ppl in our school r soo stupiD..outa 23 ppl who do IPT at our school 7 of the ppl attempted to all the options..der sOOo stupid :rolleyes: ..geez how cud they know nething bout the oda options.. :eek:
AAHHAAHAHHHAAH!!!!!

Oh btw, the Alex guy actually got 17 out of 20 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong Alex), for a section he had never studied... Cos when he looked at the automation section he didn't like it and just did the other one...

I did the automation section and 5 out of 20 cos I didn't study that section, and now I'm regretting not choosing Transaction systems....

:mad1: :(

hUnNi

HSC
geeZ neva do the automation section iTz soO hard!.. :burn:

u shud to the DSS section cuz i think that basically involves databases like drawing dem n oda diagrams..which weve done in project work n info systems n databases!.. :giddy: :p ;) :D :cop:

DeLiRiOuS

Honestly the entire subject is ridicuous. I don't know why i chose it.
TPS isnt as hard as mutimedia, theres just way too much to learn there :confused:

And now im stuck studying for it
Sucking the life out of me

Good luck though guys,
Btw those of u doin AMS, when i went down to those hsc lectures down at uSYD, the lecturer said thats wat he taught hi class coz more ppl go for the "easier" multimedia. He said its easier to beat 100 ppl than 1000 actually his numbers were more realistic but u know wat i mean :cool:

BDC

I am doing DSS as the option topic and its actully pretty hard!, Knowlege base and all this other stuff. My verdict of it is that it doesnt pratically make sense! But it not to bad :)
-Cam

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
My class studied AMS & multimedia for the options too. This dude in my class thought the AMS section was too hard in the trial exam so he tried the TPS question, and he ended up getting a really shitty mark for it (lower than everyone else in the class who answered the AMS question). Anyway, I find AMS quite interesting even though it's a little bit hard. All in all, I quite like the AMS elective, basically if you just remember all the concepts and practise applying it, you'll be fine.

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
There was this guy in my school, who decided to do another option in the trial instead of the one they did in class. The test had the questions for the other option, but the teachers just placed it there so the whole test looked like a HSC test. The actual questions were from last year's HSC.

This was in a different subject (*like IPT teachers write their own tests*) but I think he got 0 for the whole section.

Speaking of trials, I managed to leech some trials and questions from the schools server before the end of term. Since the BOS team are busy at the moment, I've uploaded the stuff somewhere. The ARC IPT trial and some practice questions from an unidentified source are available here, along with some SDD stuff and the HAHS English papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)