iran-contra affair (1 Viewer)

adgala

HSC
has this been done a lot over the years? i was originally trying to do something about ronald reagan but decided that the iran-contra affair would be a lot better for me to focus on. thanks

X

xeuyrawp

adgala said:
has this been done a lot over the years? i was originally trying to do something about ronald reagan but decided that the iran-contra affair would be a lot better for me to focus on. thanks
I've never heard someone talking about it in a mw, but remember what you should address: Rather than talking about 'what happened' (which is a question in itself), talk about 'why it's important' and 'different views of it.'

From memory, the whole affair was important because important questions were raised about presidential power -- stuff like whether the president can make a decision on diplomacy, whether he has to disclose his reasons, and whether he or his administration is accountable.

But yes -- remember in this case that you're not going to have 'historians', but rather significant media/journalists/experts on foreign policy. :)

adgala

HSC
thanks for the reply...i've borrowed a few books on the topic and intend to go through the differing views and nature of whats been said about it but i'm still unsure what to focus directly on but thanks for your suggestions too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)