• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

irish drama (1 Viewer)

skankit

who else is doing irish?? because theres only one past question i was thinking it might be nice if we shared class practice questions?
so far the only one we've got it

"Humour is at the core of Irish drama."
To what extent is this evident through the theatrical forms and dramatic techniques you have studied?

but were getting another one on monday.. in our exam.. (HELP)

so yeah if your doing irish, practice questions???

escape

hey,

I am a fellow Irish Drama/ Australian Drama person- hooray for us!

For our half yearly exam, we were given the HSC Irish essay question from last year. It is horrible. Disgusting. Evil. Scum. But my teacher said that the questions couldn't get any harder than this one- so we were somewhat comforted by that.

Here it is- if you want an extra exam question to practice with...

"Irish theatre always deals with conflicting ideas about what it means to be Irish". Discuss this statement, showing how the plays you have studied could be staged so as to produce a range of ideas and images of Ireland and the Irish. In your answer, refer to TWO of the texts set for study.

What texts are you studying for Irish drama?
I'm doing Beauty Queen of Leenane and Dancing at Lughnasa- two great plays, in my opinion.

Do you have any other practice questions than the one you posted? I need all the practice i can get :)

Farewell fellow drama buddy!

Tom

skankit

yuck

yeah we got that questions as a practice, its horrible isnt it?!?!

well our exam question was

How is the world of the irish reflected on stage?

or something similar, i cant find the actual thing. it was naaaasty, but i surprisingly got 18/20...i thought i'd failed!!!

well we're supposed to be doing plough and the stars and playboy of the western world but i think im gonna do beauty queen coz i like it a lot more!!!! and theres absolutely nothing to say about playboy!

ill go find the exact question for you in a minute... blargh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)