• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is anyone else getting mixed signals for exam writing advice? (1 Viewer)

HSC
(RANT WARNING HAHAH i need to YELL!!)

I am terribly confused!
So for module A right, i hear many people emphasise the need for a conceptual thesis, and then other people saying you should just introduce the text and answer the question exactly right off the bat.

sometimes people say band 6 responses are super structured, other people say band 6 responses should have much more obvious personal voice.
ARGH!! I feel like with english i never can find a conclusive answer. I read a question and i know full well what to say but i feel like the need for me to get it right…do it in the “band 6” way. I dont really trust my own personal voice.

I have two teachers and they both say different things. I dont know weather i should trust myself, or weather i should change my writing style completely just to fit something standardised.

I love all the texts we are studying…reading about the textual conversation between hagseed and tempest is genuinely fascinating. I love atwoods work, i love how much texts can change if only looked at in retrospect. I love how much she takes apart what existed in the tempest, and treated it as pretense, as something to mould…but i cant seem to get that out of my head without yapping.

tldr; NESA LET ME YAP!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)