Is atar calculated the same for studnts in canberra? (1 Viewer)

dunk or flunk

HSC
I've seen people talk about stuff like HSC which I haven't even heard of before, also people are saying that you're year 11 marks won't affect your atar which from what I've heard from teachers isn't true. Your best 10 units are what goes towards your atar (I think) so some of your best units could be in year 11 meaning they will contribute towards your atar.

smile-monkey.gif

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
I've seen people talk about stuff like HSC which I haven't even heard of before, also people are saying that you're year 11 marks won't affect your atar which from what I've heard from teachers isn't true. Your best 10 units are what goes towards your atar (I think) so some of your best units could be in year 11 meaning they will contribute towards your atar.

sorry if I'm spouting nonsense I'm just kind of confused about this.
View attachment 41573
No. only units that count towards your atar is ur yr 12 subjects, unless u accelerate. Your teachers are 🧢🧢ing!!!!

dunk or flunk

HSC
What pineapple under the sea are u living in mg 💀
"A student’s ATAR is calculated from the student’s best 3 T or H major scaled course scores plus 0.6 of the next best scaled course score. These scaled course scores are added to form the Aggregate Score. Students are then ranked based on their Aggregate Score. The ATAR is calculated based on this rank and information supplied by the NSW Technical Committee on Scaling."

this was taken from the ACT government website, it shows that both yr 11 and 12 marks are used in determining your atar for ACT students or am I mistaken?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
"A student’s ATAR is calculated from the student’s best 3 T or H major scaled course scores plus 0.6 of the next best scaled course score. These scaled course scores are added to form the Aggregate Score. Students are then ranked based on their Aggregate Score. The ATAR is calculated based on this rank and information supplied by the NSW Technical Committee on Scaling."

this was taken from the ACT government website, it shows that both yr 11 and 12 marks are used in determining your atar for ACT students or am I mistaken?
th does that mean

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is surprisingly unclear whether only year 12 performance counts towards a student's ATAR in the ACT or whether both year 11 and year 12 performance counts. While the Board of Senior Secondary Studies does offer a brochure that provides an explanation of the processes used in its ATAR calculation, it does not address whether the contribution of T and H courses is restricted to year 12 or whether it covers both year 11 and year 12.

I would recommend contacting the Board of Senior Secondary Studies directly, as they would be the ones who can confirm the condition that applies with maximum certainty. You can contact them at:
I hope this helps! :D

dunk or flunk

HSC
It is surprisingly unclear whether only year 12 performance counts towards a student's ATAR in the ACT or whether both year 11 and year 12 performance counts. While the Board of Senior Secondary Studies does offer a brochure that provides an explanation of the processes used in its ATAR calculation, it does not address whether the contribution of T and H courses is restricted to year 12 or whether it covers both year 11 and year 12.

I would recommend contacting the Board of Senior Secondary Studies directly, as they would be the ones who can confirm the condition that applies with maximum certainty. You can contact them at:
I hope this helps! :D
thanks for the info
1700569549800.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)