• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is band 5 achievable in eng? (2 Viewers)

zizi2003_

HSC
ok so i came back coz i was stressing out too much for eng ever since i attempted to get feedback from my teacher again
i really really need at least a band 5 in eng UGH but idk if that's achievable given i did terrible in trials (which only tested the short answers) + my mod C knowledge is trash
so here are my internals (each task weighted 25%), with a cumulative rank of 19/68 (there are max 10 band 6's in eng adv at my school)
mark%, rank:
Task 1- 84%
task 2- 88%
task 3- 92%
task 4 (trial)- 72%
is a band 5 really achievable with these marks/rank?

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
ok so i came back coz i was stressing out too much for eng ever since i attempted to get feedback from my teacher again
i really really need at least a band 5 in eng UGH but idk if that's achievable given i did terrible in trials + my mod C knowledge is trash
so here are my internals, with a cumulative rank of 19/68 (there are max 10 band 6's in eng adv at my school)
mark%, rank:
Task 1- 84%
task 2- 88%
task 3- 92%
task 4 (trial)- 72%
yes

laterz laterz

HSC
i really really need at least a band 5 in eng UGH but idk if that's achievable given i did terrible in trials (which only tested the short answers) + my mod C knowledge is trash
so here are my internals (each task weighted 25%), with a cumulative rank of 19/68 (there are max 10 band 6's in eng adv at my school)
mark%, rank:
Task 1- 84%
task 2- 88%
task 3- 92%
task 4 (trial)- 72%
band 5 should be a breeze

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's put things into perspective through a simple comparison:

jimmysmith560:
  • is a non-native speaker of English.
  • took English Standard instead of EAL/D.
  • sat the first HSC exam of the new HSC English syllabus (2019).
  • result: band 5.
zizi2003_:
  • is a native English speaker.
  • is taking English Advanced, which has superior alignment compared to English Standard.
  • is sitting the 2021 English Advanced HSC paper, with available past paper material that falls under the current syllabus.
  • achieved results of a higher standard in her internal assessment tasks/exams while going to a higher-ranked school.
It would therefore be appropriate to conclude that a band 5 as your HSC mark (final mark) for English Advanced is definitely within reach. Based on all the information that has been provided in this thread, and provided you perform to the best of your abilities in this subject's HSC exam, a band 6 may also be possible.

I hope this helps! 😄

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
mark%, rank:
Task 1- 84%
task 2- 88%
task 3- 92%
task 4 (trial)- 72%
For sure, ez Clap

zizi2003_

HSC
Let's put things into perspective through a simple comparison:

jimmysmith560:
  • is a non-native speaker of English.
  • took English Standard instead of EAL/D.
  • sat the first HSC exam of the new HSC English syllabus (2019).
  • result: band 5.
zizi2003_:
  • is a native English speaker.
  • is taking English Advanced, which has superior alignment compared to English Standard.
  • is sitting the 2021 English Advanced HSC paper, with available past paper material that falls under the current syllabus.
  • achieved results of a higher standard in her internal assessment tasks/exams while going to a higher-ranked school.
It would therefore be appropriate to conclude that a band 5 as your HSC mark (final mark) for English Advanced is definitely within reach. Based on all the information that has been provided in this thread, and provided you perform to the best of your abilities in this subject's HSC exam, a band 6 may also be possible.

I hope this helps! 😄
ahhhhh this really cleared my head ahahah
thank you jimmy!! 😊

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)