• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Business Strategy (ECOF3001) a core subject for B. Com? (1 Viewer)

sHoCkWaVe

HSC
Hey guys, I'm really confused about something here. I've been looking at my 2006 Faculty of Econ and Business handbook, and on p.15, it states there are 11 core subjects in B. Com. I'm confused about this subject called Business Strategy (ECOF3001) . It has an asterick beside it stating:

"This unit of study will not be offered in 2006".

What does this mean? Does this mean that I won't be able to do it this year, but that I am still supposed to do it next year or the year after? Or does it mean that it's no longer a core subject?

The reason I'm looking at these things is because I'm a transfer student from UTS's B. Business (where I did my first year there), and that I need to plan out the subjects that I need to do at USYD if I were to accept the transfer offer.

It's kind of a mess right now :( I think I would have to do an entire sem worth of subjects (4 subs) if I accept the transfer. Incidentally, if I were to do this, are those subjects still under HECS (ie: I won't have to pay a cent for them until I start working, and that they would still be normally priced? Normally priced here means about $800-900 per sub, and not be charged with something like $2200 per sub like in Summer School!)

So anyway, what's with the subject Business Strategy then?

Thanks heaps for any info on this.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
If you're doing a CSP course, all subjects are HECS-based.

Call up the eco + bus faculty and ask them whether you have to complete your deg with pre-06 resolutions (i.e. only the 6 cores) or you are listed under the new system.

ECOF3001 will be offered in 2007, so yes, you still have to do the UOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)