Is it Possible to just memorise essays for HSC eng? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I practice writing essays on the same topic but with different questions...

on the very base, I always memorize the points

in the end i can always make my way through the comprehension and whether if there is a 2nd question to answer, esp if it's asking for your own opinion.
i could just BS that and get through easily

what i find sorta difficult is remembering the quotes and at times analysis...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Nope. Board of Studies is making papers specifically designed to weed out kids that have pre-prepared essays.

You can write general scaffolds for essays and may get lucky that way, but you can't memorise the whole thing and it's a waste of your study time.

Here's last year's papers to have a look at the structure:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2009exams/pdf_doc/2009-hsc-exam-eng-SandA-p1.pdf
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2009exams/pdf_doc/2009-hsc-exam-eng-adv-p2.pdf

As far as timing is concerned, you get about 40 minutes per section for each paper but not all are essays.
I made an awesome general essay which i used in ALL of my extended responses. Only had to alter my thesis statement slightly and throw out one of my related texts. But that's because i'm magical.

Generally, memorise key points/a scaffold.

Memoring 5 creatives is a bit insane. 3 creatives of different types is a better idea. Also make sure you are able to adapt them to different forms of text like letters/articles etc.

And do past papers/write responses to possible questions that you formulate for practise :)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Yeah you know what im sayin, never been one to actually pre plan creative writing taks. What I like to do and its worked since SC ( inclusive) is read the question and then think of a popular book, movie or game with a story that fits it.

So for the 09 HSC belonging I basically re-wrote the Sound of Music, lol, I thought adding " the children and christina ( not maria) began to sing captain Der Sar ( not Von Trapp) finally felt the belonging BS and started to sing edelweiss" but then that was pushing it since not many people like singing.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Memorised everything, got band 6 in the exam, shitty band 4 internal fucked me hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)