is it possible to still get a b6? (1 Viewer)

bamboozled

HSC
hi ! basically i recently got back an english adv task worth 20% and uhhhhh i did rlly bad like bottom 20 ( for context i go to a top 15 school and my cohort is 160 ish ppl)
I used to be above average overall rank and im really worried that I wont be able to salvage this during trials which for my school is worth 30%. is it still possible to b6?

many thanks !!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Generally speaking, an above-average rank at a high-ranked school such as yours would indicate a good chance of achieving a band 6. You placed towards the bottom of your cohort in your last English Advanced task. While this result will negatively impact your overall rank, 30% of your internal performance is yet to be determined through your trial exam, making it a good opportunity for you to bring your overall rank back up to a level similar to the one that you were on prior to your unfavourable performance in your previous task. Of course, this will require you to prepare for your trial exam to the best of your abilities so that you can maximise your performance and place higher relative to your cohort. This is especially important at a high-ranked school, where it is reasonable to expect that most students will thoroughly prepare and will end up performing at a high standard, making effective preparation the only way to maximise your overall rank.

The HSC exam is also a key factor that influences your chances of achieving a band 6 since it contributes 50% of your overall HSC mark for English Advanced. You should therefore capitalise on this opportunity following your trial exams, which involves you doing your utmost to prepare for your HSC exam. This will hopefully enable you to perform at a high standard and further increase your chances of achieving a band 6 as a result.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)