• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it possible to use textbooks for tax refunds? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Just wondering if this is possible. (say you're working in a related field).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hmm... well this financial year will be easy to write off.
What if I was working at Video Ezy last financial year. What if I say something like: "Industrial relations was important because of the upcoming workplace reforms, which will affect me".

Sarah

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
hmm... well this financial year will be easy to write off.
What if I was working at Video Ezy last financial year. What if I say something like: "Industrial relations was important because of the upcoming workplace reforms, which will affect me".
Umm... i'm not expert at tax returns and accounting but i doubt you could get ur IR books written off if you worked as a customer assistant at video ezy.

If so, that would mean that any student studying Industrial Relations and working as sales assistants, telemarketers and in other low skilled jobs could claim for it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hmm i count tills. business statistics could help me do maths :p
oh well, my new job is creative marketing coordinator.
International Business text (I need to know about how to help my company compete and move internationally)
Consumer Behaviour (need to know how consumers behave)
Marketing Research (need to know how to research trends)
Foundations of Human Resource Management (Need to know how to get everyone doing my tasks best)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
could I claim a receipt for a printer or blank dvd's as a customer service rep at video ezy. THey're kind of related

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
1Time4thePpl said:
could I claim a receipt for a printer or blank dvd's as a customer service rep at video ezy. THey're kind of related
s8-1 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997:
You can deduct from your assessable income any loss or outgoing to the extent that:
(a) it is incurred in gaining or producing your assessable income; or
(b) it is necessarily incurred in carrying on a business etc (does not apply to you)

You have to prove that the printer and blank dvd's were used by you to gain income.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
minai said:
Necessarily
Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? NO! But it's stale...and I like the taste. Hahaha.

That definition must be pretty wide. At my job, we have these lame shirts. Whilst we don't have to wear them, we can claim them. They're not necessary.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? NO! But it's stale...and I like the taste. Hahaha.

That definition must be pretty wide. At my job, we have these lame shirts. Whilst we don't have to wear them, we can claim them. They're not necessary.
It's "NO! But it's sterile...and besides, I like the taste"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)