• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is it right to ring up managers after applying. (1 Viewer)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
Hey guys.

after you apply for a job do you ever ring them up & say hi my name is ________, i applied for position of ________ and i was wondering have you made a desision on my employment?

my friends mother got angry with me last year when i told her, after i got a letter from a daycare center I didnt call them. she got pissed off at me. Ricks mum said i got to ring the manager up everyday untill i got the job.

when i told adam this, he said managers dont like jerks that make harrasing phone calls.

So in the end i think rick's mum owes me an applogy for yelling & beeing wrong

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
if they dont get back to you for ages, you could ring up and politely inquire but dont push it and dont constantly stalk them to find out, or they wont give you the job.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Too late now, but you should ask the interviewer at the end of the interview whether they will be notifying all applicants, or just the successful one... If just the successful one, ask if you can ring, and when would be the best time... If they don't call you by that date, ring them up. Otherwise, just leave it, I say. If you're gonna get the job, you should get it regardless of whether you harass the boss.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i just got a job at big w
and i had my induction and the lady told me that the manager of my dept will call me in the next few days to give me my first shift and start training me
and she said if he doesnt call by monday(tomorrow)
i have to call him
i think its stupid..why should i have to call..but i will coz i want to start asap

HSC
wevil said:
Hey guys.

after you apply for a job do you ever ring them up & say hi my name is ________, i applied for position of ________ and i was wondering have you made a desision on my employment?

my friends mother got angry with me last year when i told her, after i got a letter from a daycare center I didnt call them. she got pissed off at me. Ricks mum said i got to ring the manager up everyday untill i got the job.

when i told adam this, he said managers dont like jerks that make harrasing phone calls.

So in the end i think rick's mum owes me an applogy for yelling & beeing wrong

adams right :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)