• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is it true that we have to disclose personal details in our journal (1 Viewer)

cheeky_panda

HSC
ive just read somewhere that in our journal we should not mention our school's name and our own name, students in class etc and if we have it should be blotted out. I also have signed at the end of each entry - does anyone know if this is true and if i should blot out my signatures and any references to school, my name etc??

Leap

free falling
HSC
there shouldnt be anything in there that identifies you or your school.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
is it true that we have to disclose personal details in our journal
No, it is false. You do not disclose any personal details in the major work journal.

It is true that you should not mention your school's name, or your own name, as well as students from your class. You can talk to other students from other schools, or your own friends (who do not do Extension 2), and include their FIRST NAMES - and I always referred to my Extension 2 teacher as "my teacher" - no specifics, no surnames, no school details.

You do not sign your name in any entry, nor should you have any references to your school or your name.

On the day of submission, you will only be known through your centre number and student number.

Summary:

No personal details
No surnames
No school names
No teacher's names (Mr. _______ or Mrs. ________ etc)
No students names (from the same course)
No signing.

Make it an account of what you did, reflections, drafts, stimulus material, etc, but do not call yourself by name, surname, or make references to your school.

It is all in the syllabus and your teacher should have gone through it with you, or at least answered these (simple) questions.

edit
What Leap said :p

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah your heading is wrong, you do not disclose personal details

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The first entry of your journal should be something along the lines of

"Hi my name is *insert full name here*. I am 17 years old, my birthday is the 3/5/86, I'm a taurus and my lucky number is 3. My teacher is Mr So and So and I go to *name school here*. I work at McDonalds. I am half Aboriginal half asian. My favorite color is purple and I think that Shannon should have won Aussie Idol. My address is 123 Fake St. My neighbors names are bill and ben. My grandmother's name is blah blah and you can find my family tree online at *insert URL*. My bank account number is 123456789 and my pin is 1234. My credit card number is...."

and so on....

The markers are supposed to be impartial when they mark you work. That is why you should not be identified in your journal or your work because it would bias their opinion towards you possibly. So keep your personal details personal.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
The first entry of your journal should notbe something along the lines of...
Was what you wanted to type, braindrainedAsh?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
yup that's rite! no personal information. that's why I have to take out some pages of my journal

baha we were told about this
but i forgot
and then had to go through with whiteout and get rid of all the name dropping.
it was ok though because most of it was just my name in the drafts and stuff.

andy forgot to do it as well

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cheeky_panda
yeh im gonna have to get some whiteout hey??
Yes, or re-write your entries (allowing for more reflection).

:)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I wouldnt use first names either... I use "I" or "Me" for me, "Teacher" for my teacher, and "Friend" or "Other Student". Names also can show ethinicity and stuff like that... For example if you have a racist marker (and just to make myself clear, im not saying all or any markers are racist) you cant have bias toward or against you... for example... Mohammed, Hein, Francessca, Josephine... etc...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol....ahh the journal....that year long record of our works, completed in a meagre 3 days...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)