• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it true?? (1 Viewer)

V

val_dramaqueen

Is it true that you can do your year 11 monologue in year 12? as well?

My teacher said you can't and therefore didn't let me do it... but recently, someone told me you can. This person also told me that my teacher told them... so basically, my teacher lied to me?

so can anyone clear this up before i rip my teachers head off? thanks!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
How couldn't you?

Year 11 wasnt board assessed so of you course you could have. Though your teacher is just trying to encourage you to build on what youve done in year 11 - surely you could do a better job after a year :p

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
It's true. Year 11 is supposed to be a breeding ground for ideas for Year 12. My IP monologue ended up being from the same playwright as my Year 11 monologue. But Neo does have a point, perhaps the teacher wanted to see you extend yourself. I dunno about u Val, but I know I improved a lot between year 11 and 12 :eek:

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
my friend went through a similar thing as you val. she performed this great commedia piece in yr 11 and wanted to do it again for this year. of course she would have improved and perfected it, but she wanted the same script and stuff.
the teacher STRONGLY advised her not to. i think she said it wasnt allowed or something. idont know. meh.
what was your question again?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Ummm, Pretty sure you cannot do any year 11 based stuff for HSC. Like, you can build foundations (say a study of shakespeare) but you cannot do the same monologue. Its the same with theory, I couldn't do no sugar as a related text for Aboriginal Theatre, but I could do The Dreamers. Does that make sense? So, she wasn't lying, your not allowed.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Are you sure... I'll consult the sylabus and get back to you :p

"When choosing their Individual Project, students must ensure that they do not choose a topic or text that they are studying in Drama or in any other of their HSC courses. For example, they may not use extracts from a text being studied in English for the Individual Project Performance or a playwright being studied in Ancient History for the Individual Project: Critical Analysis (Applied Research Report)."

Okay, thats the wrong extract. Hold on :p

Okay, can't find anything SPECIFICALLY on it. Could it be like GP where they tell you if you start before T2 it will become stale and boring?

Last edited:
V

val_dramaqueen

well, i agree with you skillo, i think i have improved between year 11 and 12... but the monologue didn't... my year 11 one was such a good one and loved it to bits and could've easily strengthened it and made it even better...
but my teacher was liek "No, the markers ask me if students start before the date and i have to sign forms and blah blah blah blah blah..."

if only i couldve done my year 11 monologue in yr 12... that, my friend, would have been SWEET as!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Thats right. She has to certify that you didnt begin this project till the commencement of the Preliminary course. Thats def. in the syllabus.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Thats right. She has to certify that you didnt begin this project till the commencement of the Preliminary course. Thats def. in the syllabus.
Yeah...but you can still extend on a monologue you did earlier...i mean, you'd have to...I know I didn't do a 6-8min piece in year 11...it was like 4-5mins... :p

I played a nun and got the highest mark, pissed off my christian Principal and yelled out the word masturbation in front of 200ppl...MWAH HA HA HA.

V

val_dramaqueen

Skillo said:
I played a nun and got the highest mark, pissed off my christian Principal and yelled out the word masturbation in front of 200ppl...MWAH HA HA HA.
i would have paid to have seen that...

Mind you... a mate of mine from lismore did a monologue completely in his white undies... i would have paid to have seen that too... not because i particularly want to see his undies... just cause i think it'd be funny... (I thought i'd better clarify that! :p )

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Let me put it this way, I'm sure that the Board markers would be very familiar with the monologues that every candidate selected in year 11. ;)

V

val_dramaqueen

neo_o said:
Let me put it this way, I'm sure that the Board markers would be very familiar with the monologues that every candidate selected in year 11. ;)
HOW!? they don't ask?

wait... are you being sarcastic?

Last edited by a moderator:
V

val_dramaqueen

i feel so degraded and dumb!

why can't i be quick... and not gullable...
at least i didn't fall for "did you know they forgot to put the word gullable in the dictionary?!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)