• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is it worth waiting for 2nd, 3rd, final round offers? (1 Viewer)

kenny.

HSC
Hey everyone

Uni offers in VIC comes out in a few days and I'm trying to decide weather I should accept the offer they give me first (which will most likely be 3rd/4th prefs [engineering]) or wait for later round offers so I hav a chance to get my 1st/2nd prefs [archi]?

Would it be too big a risk as I might miss out on my 3rd/4th prefs as well if the places get taken up while I wait for later round offers for my 1st two prefs?

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
I *think* that you're able to accept your 3rd/4th preference and then decline it upon receiving (possibly) a higher preference offer. Your acceptance shouldn't affect you being offered a higher preference. Don't hold me to this anyone...because I'm not entirely sure...

kenny.

HSC
Thanks for the replies.

So I'd still automatically receive 2nd (or whatever) round offers after I've accepted the Round 1 offer?
Or do i have to look at the score needed for the course in the later round offers then withdraw (from R1 offer) and re-enrol (to final round offers)?

loser101

HSC
yes UAC dont know you accepted a 1st round offer. u still get 2nd round even if u accepted 1st round

i think when you enroll in your second round course, you tell them about your 1st round acceptance and that will automatically cancell your 1st round accpetance

obviosly if you recieve a 2nd round offer u need not accpet it and u can stay with your first round offer.

kennychan222

HSC
Yeah! UAC will give you offers as much as possible in main round, unlike QTAC. To me, I should receive the first and second offers on 17/1

For VTAC, it's on 15/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)