• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is my teacher right allowing me to drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

creeqer

HSC
hi i am currently in year 11 accelerating extension 2 maths so i will do my hsc for that this year. when i started year 11 i was told that i must have 12 units of preliminary subjects (which doesn't include extension 2) so right now i am currently doing 14 units but only 13 are preliminary (doing 10 already done 3). my teacher now is allowing me to drop a subject so i am doing 12 units however i technically won't complete 12 units of preliminary subjects then at the end of the year. is it ok for me to drop this subject or will i not be able to get an atar or something in a years time?

thanks

zahri992

HSC
if you're accelerating ext 2 which is only a year 12 subject I assume you completed the ext 1 preliminary course last year when you were in year 10. to check this you can log in to students online and see under the enrolment/results section and see that you have completed the courses.

if I'm not wrong, then you can drop a subject considering you have already completed 3 preliminary units worth, meaning you only need another 9 units of preliminary subjects, at least 2 of which is english. what subjects do you do?

creeqer

HSC
if you're accelerating ext 2 which is only a year 12 subject I assume you completed the ext 1 preliminary course last year when you were in year 10. to check this you can log in to students online and see under the enrolment/results section and see that you have completed the courses.

if I'm not wrong, then you can drop a subject considering you have already completed 3 preliminary units worth, meaning you only need another 9 units of preliminary subjects, at least 2 of which is english. what subjects do you do?
i have completed the ext 1 prelim course. i am now doing (as well as ext 1 and 2 math) english advanced, chemistry, physics, software and music totalling to 14 units. i want to drop music which would leave the total to 12 but only 11 being a prelim course (3 from ext 1 which i completed then 4 subjects each 2 units)

zahri992

HSC
i have completed the ext 1 prelim course. i am now doing (as well as ext 1 and 2 math) english advanced, chemistry, physics, software and music totalling to 14 units. i want to drop music which would leave the total to 12 but only 11 being a prelim course (3 from ext 1 which i completed then 4 subjects each 2 units)
I think you can - but if you're concerned, just stick out music for another term (even if you do really bad, doesn't matter) and then drop it first day of term 4 just so you can say the course is 'completed'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)