Is NBSC Manly Campus a good school? (1 Viewer)

curious_cutie_pie

HSC
I'm applying for a selective school and heard that Manly Selective Campus is ranked 7th. Is it a good school?

5uckerberg

HSC
I'm applying for a selective school and heard that Manly Selective Campus is ranked 7th. Is it a good school?
A good school in terms of what? What are you looking for? You know people think of a school as a good school for many different reasons and a good school for one person might not be such a good school for someone else so be specific about what you are looking for? This should be done as a group think between all parties involved and you.

You know what I would suggest. How about you go visit the school and see it for yourself. A famous line goes "Seeing is believing." and don't judge a book by its cover.

icycledough

HSC
Also keep in mind that school rankings are determined by no. of Band 6s / total exams sat (as a ratio) ... so schools which are ranked highly may not necessarily be the best for you (as they may have a smaller cohort which makes it technically easier for a larger proportion of students to get Band 6s). For example, a cohort of 40 students will most likely have a higher proportion of Band 6s than a cohort of 220. You may thus fare better at a school which may be lower ranked, so don't just look at the rankings when deciding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)