• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is NESA run for profit? (2 Viewers)

nonya2000

HSC
Why would they charge you money to see your paper and what you got wrong? They already have your marks and paper scanned, the paper was scanned so it could be marked digitally. They obviously have your mark since they score it. I don't need to see stupid feedback, all I just want to see is what question I didn't get full marks in. There already is a system to support this, it's how they mark the exams too. They could put it on students online and we could see the scanned copy of our test paper with something showing our marks for individual questions. Also what the fuck is there to hide anyway? the tests are literally published online

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
By definition, a state government agency like NESA are not run for profit - if anything they're probably severely underfunded by the government.

Even then, I doubt they would make much "profit" from this because very few people in the state actually bother to seek access to their HSC scripts. Most students have moved on from the HSC at that point.

Solarised

HSC
Why would they charge you money to see your paper and what you got wrong? They already have your marks and paper scanned, the paper was scanned so it could be marked digitally. They obviously have your mark since they score it. I don't need to see stupid feedback, all I just want to see is what question I didn't get full marks in. There already is a system to support this, it's how they mark the exams too. They could put it on students online and we could see the scanned copy of our test paper with something showing our marks for individual questions. Also what the fuck is there to hide anyway? the tests are literally published online
So on the 18th of December your dumbass is still tryna think bout the HSC. Get your atar and get it over with.

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
NESA (New South Wales Education Standards Authority) is a government organization, so it's not run for profit in the traditional sense. However, it does have funding and operational costs that it needs to cover, which can lead to fees for certain services.

Regarding the fee to view your exam paper and feedback, several reasons might explain this:

1. Operational Costs: Scanning and maintaining secure online access to exam papers requires resources. The fees may help cover these costs.
  2. Privacy and Security: Protecting student information is a priority, and managing access to sensitive materials involves strict protocols.
  3. Administrative Processes: There are logistical challenges in providing access to papers, including verifying identities and managing requests.
  4. Feedback and Improvement: The feedback provided aims to help students understand their mistakes and improve in future assessments, though I understand this may not be what every student wants.
It can be frustrating when you just want specific information quickly and easily.

Many students share similar concerns about transparency and accessibility. Advocating for clearer and more accessible feedback processes is certainly valid!

If you feel strongly about it, you might consider reaching out to NESA or discussing it with your school to express your concerns. 😀

nonya2000

HSC
Because then tons of people would dispute their marks and create way more work for them.

The only reason you can even buy the marks/papers back is because people on this website did a bunch of FOI requests in the 2000s
We could atleast see it, then if we dispute we could pay a deposit, if they see and fix the problem we get our money back. We shouldn't have to pay to fix their mistake. I could have lost 5 percent lost in trial because they marked wrongly. We are in the age of digital technology, they already scanned your paper.1728609800508.png
as you can see, its all scanned.

Last edited:

Solarised

HSC
We could atleast see it, then if we dispute we could pay a deposit, if they see and fix the problem we get our money back. We shouldn't have to pay to fix their mistake. I could have lost 5 percent lost in trial because they marked wrongly. We are in the age of digital technology, they already scanned your paper.View attachment 44584
Who?

carrotsss

HSC
We could atleast see it, then if we dispute we could pay a deposit, if they see and fix the problem we get our money back. We shouldn't have to pay to fix their mistake. I could have lost 5 percent lost in trial because they marked wrongly. We are in the age of digital technology, they already scanned your paper.View attachment 44584
yeah it’s annoying but I guess nesa can’t be bothered to deal with all the drama because there probably would be errors and people would make it into a big deal

tbh though once you’re done you’ll care a lot less, like I wanted to buy mine back and then I got to results day and realised I just didn’t care enough

Solarised

HSC
pretty sure everyone wants to see their paper, you aren't a special snowflake for thinking you got nothing wrong don't need to see your paper.
Bruv the special one is you. Wth are you gonna improve on, your hsc is done, you get your marks sent after a month. By the time that happens you should've stopped giving a damn about it. Insecure monkey :monkey:

nonya2000

HSC
Bruv the special one is you. Wth are you gonna improve on, your hsc is done, you get your marks sent after a month. By the time that happens you should've stopped giving a damn about it. Insecure monkey :monkey:
also I do the hsc again next year cause I'm in year 11 now.

nonya2000

HSC
So? Bro that means your doing accelerated, you don't need to resit these exams, so no reason to look over it and stress yourself. Don't be insecure bout past marks just move on fgs.
its not just about that, imagine losing a band 6 and consequently getting a lower atar because the markers didn't do their job properly.

spiderfan44

HSC
the teachers of my school. The markers of the hsc are also teachers of various schools.
thats why nesa markers have to be teachers with years of experience in a subject and they have to do training on the question they mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)