• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is podcasting a good idea? (1 Viewer)

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
I am currently in my 4th year studying a commerce/law degree at the University of New England. In first semester the Law faculty introduced podcasting were people can download recorded lectures as MP3 files or as a subscribed podcast. Professor Stephen Colbran thinks this is an important development and will assist students in their study of law. Now, external students have the advantage of hearing the lectures that were once only available to internal students. Which other universities take advantage of this tehcnology and has it been successful?

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
UNSW has recorded lecturers available online for certain subjects (I remember we had them for Politics), but they are only accessible to UNSW students via a password protected area (eg. WebCT). They are quite useful in my opinion, though it can sometimes encourage people not to bother attending the lectures.

Many other universities have such services, most of them protected. I've watched quite a few lectures from Harvard before, but most seem to be password protected.

We do not have recorded lectures available for law subjects however. This is probably (in part) due to the fact that we don't actually have lectures for law at UNSW, only small tutorial-type classes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)