• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is profiency education good for math (2 Viewers)

fairy.floss

HSC
Uni Grad
imo its not worth it 😭
its just solving questions on your own for three hours and asking for help if you need it

fairy.floss

HSC
Uni Grad
a few of my friends say its good for everything but maths but idkk

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
what about matrix is it good? I know people say its overrated but is it possible to do well in 3u/4u by going to matrix

skzza

HSC
what about matrix is it good? I know people say its overrated but is it possible to do well in 3u/4u by going to matrix
imo matrix is the same as proed just a lot more fast paced and the classes tend to be a bit bigger 😓 I go proed and its reasonable for the price like the classes are small, the tutors are good and the resources are really good^^

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
imo matrix is the same as proed just a lot more fast paced and the classes tend to be a bit bigger 😓 I go proed and its reasonable for the price like the classes are small, the tutors are good and the resources are really good^^
so are you saying matrix is more fast paced or proed? (just making sure)

jonolad69

HSC
huhhhh wait what do you mean by dumb levels of fast?
so at the start of a matrix term you're given a theory booklet divided into 10 sections (10 lessons/term)

they go so fast to the point where they can't even finish a whole section. like you're introduced to a certain topic at the start of the lesson and the tutor says "we're on lesson 7 of the booklet", you can't even get to the end of lesson 7 by the end of the lesson. the booklet is so dense so the tutor literally has to rush through to even finish (even when the tutor rushes through and doesn't explain anything and just writes answers on the board or whatever, he still doesn't finish)

you have literally 0 time to ask any questions otherwise by the end of the lesson, your tutor hasn't even taught you the full content for the whole lesson, it gets carried over to the next lesson

oh and also their topic tests you get at the start of the lesson are so retarded? none of the questions are even similar to the hw booklet? idk if they've changed it but yea

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
matrix is really really fast like just dumb levels of fast idk why people go there
Fr. I quit at one point bc its too fast paced. I recommend something like du so then you can fully digest it. Matrix for some reason expects us to be olympiad level or smn. The course ig is like really in depth but the overall pace is too much to fathom on top of your other subjects yk?

jonolad69

HSC
so at the start of a matrix term you're given a theory booklet divided into 10 sections (10 lessons/term)

they go so fast to the point where they can't even finish a whole section. like you're introduced to a certain topic at the start of the lesson and the tutor says "we're on lesson 7 of the booklet", you can't even get to the end of lesson 7 by the end of the lesson. the booklet is so dense so the tutor literally has to rush through to even finish (even when the tutor rushes through and doesn't explain anything and just writes answers on the board or whatever, he still doesn't finish)

you have literally 0 time to ask any questions otherwise by the end of the lesson, your tutor hasn't even taught you the full content for the whole lesson, it gets carried over to the next lesson

oh and also their topic tests you get at the start of the lesson are so retarded? none of the questions are even similar to the hw booklet? idk if they've changed it but yea
also you're actually not taught anything. you literally just observe the tutor as he just writes the answers in the theory booklet and that's it.

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
Fr. I quit at one point bc its too fast paced. I recommend something like du so then you can fully digest it. Matrix for some reason expects us to be olympiad level or smn. The course ig is like really in depth but the overall pace is too much to fathom on top of your other subjects yk?
wait whatt 😭 I thought matrix was slow paced compared to that du place. my friends said du finishes everything by term 1 of year 12 and you just revise after that 4u and I checked the matrix schedule for 4u and they go until the last term of year 12 so I dont get how its so fast paced??

jonolad69

HSC
i would try pro-ed out, (the owners are so chill, if you dont like it 3 weeks in, just text them and say "s don't want to attend" and they'll only charge you for the 3 lessons (or not charge you at all in some cases)

i go there right now and it's great. the only reason that i could see someone leaving pro-ed is:

1. you're a noob in math and you need to be directly taught (nothing wrong with that but pro-ed is not for people who are bad at math it's essentially kumon for 3 hours just filling in the booklet, you're not taught theory or anything)

TRY IT OUT! SEE HOW IT GOES!

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A

all this time I thought matrix was slow paced 😭 but why isnt it better compared to like other places (general consensus from people at ym school

HSC
N/A
wait whatt 😭 I thought matrix was slow paced compared to that du place. my friends said du finishes everything by term 1 of year 12 and you just revise after that 4u and I checked the matrix schedule for 4u and they go until the last term of year 12 so I dont get how its so fast paced??
It's way harder than you think. I don't recommend going there unless you intend to state rank or smn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)