• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is self-tuition considerable? (1 Viewer)

Warrior Piggies

I was exploring the different options of what I can do because I failed to get into my desire subject.

I came across this method which does not require you to go to school and can still attend the hsc exam next year and granted you a new UAI.

There are a few questions I would like to ask though as there are little information this document had given.

Do I have to sit for at least 10+ units exam? or only the one that I wanted to redo?

Do I have to repeat english although I do not wish to?

I know this is an odd way, but I want to find out as much info as possible. Thankyou :D

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
from what the document says:

you can do as few or many units as you want.

you dont have to do english agian, you dont even have to english even if you havnt done it before.
but... if you want a UAI, you must have completed english sometime in the last 5 years.

also, since you cant get a HSC this way(ie you just keep the hsc you got this year), theres no point in worrying about its requirements.

i'm considering this option aswell. I'm currently doing a diploma at tafe because i didnt get the uai i needed, and if i cant do my diploma and some hsc subjects at tafe at the same time, ill continue with my diploma at tafe, and do the subjects through this method. im thinking of repeating maths and sdd.

rubylotus11

distance education

Like smurfwow said you don't have to repeat all of your subjects or english again as long as you did them recently and wish to keep the results you recieved. You can do distance education through the Open Training and Education Network and simply do the one subject you want depending on whether they offer it.

ace246

HSC
from what the document says:

you can do as few or many units as you want.

you dont have to do english agian, you dont even have to english even if you havnt done it before.
but... if you want a UAI, you must have completed english sometime in the last 5 years.

also, since you cant get a HSC this way(ie you just keep the hsc you got this year), theres no point in worrying about its requirements.

i'm considering this option aswell. I'm currently doing a diploma at tafe because i didnt get the uai i needed, and if i cant do my diploma and some hsc subjects at tafe at the same time, ill continue with my diploma at tafe, and do the subjects through this method. im thinking of repeating maths and sdd.
Is it possible to do English Advanced by self-tuition while still going to school ( cant do English advanced in my school)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)