is there a degree that allows you to teach; history, legal studies and english?? (1 Viewer)

laila09

HSC
Hey everyone!!
I was wondering if anyone knew of any degrees that allow people to teach history, english and legal studies(social science)?

Does a social science degree allow you to teach legal and modern history?
or is modern history not considered as a social science?

:eek:
thanks for your help!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Do an arts degree, study history and English as majors, maybe do a few criminology electives. Then get a DipEd, and you'd probably be able to teach them.

Thecorey0

HSC
Do an arts degree, study history and English as majors, maybe do a few criminology electives. Then get a DipEd, and you'd probably be able to teach them.
There is a certain amount of units you need in a topic to be qualified in with the Dip Ed. I doubt the number of units left for electives would meet this requirement.

Maybe overload/stay longer and do 3 majors?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
There is a certain amount of units you need in a topic to be qualified in with the Dip Ed. I doubt the number of units left for electives would meet this requirement.

Maybe overload/stay longer and do 3 majors?
I believe in humanities subjects they merely require you've done a major in one humanity plus a few extra courses. Most Legal Studies teachers I know also teach/have taught Geography, Commerce, History and Economics. They can't have majors in all of them.

edit: http://www.nswteachers.nsw.edu.au/downloaddocument.aspx?DocumentID=567 - official requirements for registration in NSW. You have to have a main subject you apply for, in which you've done a major, and then the second subject with half of that requirement, or something like that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)