• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is there an easy way to see new replies to my posts? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering.. 'coz everytime I come on BoS I have to go Search, Advanced, type in my username, and then search.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
You can subscribe to your posts or threads by clicking the "Subscribe" button. Then go to your User CP periodically to check whether you've recieved replies.

Alternatively, go to User CP and click "Edit Options", scroll down to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and set it so that you are automatically subscribed to every thread you reply to (or make).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Subscribing is a useful way to sought out all the threads that are important to you, and can all be accessed on one page alone. If you want to be able to view all the threads that you have posted in on one page, then the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" is your best bet.

P

pLuvia

Yep subscribing is a good way. It also sends an email to you when someone has replied to your subscribed thread.

santaslayer

HSC
3except dont subscribe to everything coz then you would be drowning in spam....

HSC
santaslayer said:
3except dont subscribe to everything coz then you would be drowning in spam....
If you only make meaningful posts that you're interested in seeing replies to, this shouldn't occur :)

To the OP, elaborating on the subscriptions: You can also set it so that you don't get emails when a thread is replied to. That means you just have it show up as having been replied to in your control panel.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks guys- the subscription thing occured to me before but on other forums, even those which I posted on (how many?!) years ago, I still get email notification, and there's no quick way to unsubscribe from every one of my 1000+ posts... and I fear that might happen on BoS.

Do any of you guys always go back to see where you posted?

HSC
In your user control panel if you hit "Edit Options" you will see the following:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Default Thread Subscription Mode:
Set it to "No email notification", and you won't get emails. From then on when you click your User CP there will be lists of threads you've posted in which have been replied to. This is how I keep an eye on everything I've commented on, whenever I log in I just go here and reply (Where required) to any threads which show up as having been replied to. (In answer to your question, yes I always monitor threads that I've posted in, aside from those which I unsubscribe from because they've lost direction).

Riviet

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:

I usually just go to each forum that I've posted in and check the threads for new posts and read them. I don't subscribe unless the thread is super important for me.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
seremify007 said:
I normally check the same forums regularly, so I don't need to subscribe. I don't always go back to see where I have posted, but by checking the same threads and forums eventually I will see who has replied to me.

¬_¬

HSC
By any chance is there a limit to the subscribe thing?

I wish I could just bookmark a search query... there's probably some "haxor" way to do it but I just don't know it.

P

pLuvia

I don't think there's a limit, but why would you need so many? most threads die out quickly and if they last long then you can easily find it in the forums.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No I don't think there is a limit to the subscribe thing but you don't want to subscribe to every post just the threads you make otherwise your inbox will be spamed out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)