• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is there hope of getting a UAI of 85+ (1 Viewer)

Serendipity88

HSC
Hey guys how r ya all :) hope your all going well in your trials...
i'm stressing for maths on monday, :S hope i dont fail it...
anyways, i was talking to someone the other day and they told me a story bout their son and how he was going pretty bad and then he pulled his weight wen the trials came, and ended up getin 93 for his UAI...

At the moment i'm getting average marks in the 70's and 80's for my subjects.... do you think it is still possible to get at 85-90 UAI because i wana go to UTS in Sydney and do a Bachelor of Design in Fashion and Textiles or a Bachelor of Visual Communications which need high 80's - low 90's to gain access to the course...
Just wanted your opinion
Thankzzz heeps, and good luck with ur trials :) study hard and don't stress!
:)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It's really hard to say. Especially when we don't know your subjects, school, ranking etc...

But in any case, it definitely would not be impossible. You still have a chance, just continue to study hard and do well.

klaw

HSC
It depends on your subjects, and what 70s and 80s equate to for HSC marks.

Just because you need 80-90 for your HSC mark doesn't mean you need 80-90%. Otherwise it'd be very difficult to get band 6s and E4s for subjects like Extension 2 maths.

Serendipity88

HSC
My subjects are General Maths, Standard English (which im going really well in), Design & Technology, Visual Arts and Business Studies...

lala2

Banned
HSC
They are not the best of scaling, it seems, but you would be aiming for high 80s to be on the safe side. I'd hazard a guess at low 80's may scrape too, but high 80s average would definitely get you 90+ if nothing more.

And your ranks? Your school ranks? And do you know about the toughness of your school's marking? I got raw marks, on average, 10 marks lower than my final HSC marks so if you're purely looking on a raw-mark basis now you should definitely find out. Otherwise, this 80s business is your overall HSC mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)