• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is there too much??! (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
has anyone else noticed that in the syllabus for both law and society and humans rights, that within the syllabus there is less than what is in textbooks and even what my teacher told for us to do work for.

like i mean, there isnt stuff about 'just laws' and theres heaps more instances of this where this work is in excel, heinemann textbooks etc, but isnt in our syllabus

so my question is, do we need to know this?
or is the textbook just giving too much infomation ie more than we actually need!?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yeah, law and justice and human rights have the shortest syllabus you study for legal studies
its only for short answers/multiple choice, not essays

my syllabus notes for this topic are bout 7 or 8 pages each

textbooks tend to give u more info than needed
study guides have the main points
i suggest macquarie-its really good

bEAbEA

HSC
pig_93 said:
has anyone else noticed that in the syllabus for both law and society and humans rights, that within the syllabus there is less than what is in textbooks and even what my teacher told for us to do work for.

like i mean, there isnt stuff about 'just laws' and theres heaps more instances of this where this work is in excel, heinemann textbooks etc, but isnt in our syllabus

so my question is, do we need to know this?
or is the textbook just giving too much infomation ie more than we actually need!?
There is stuff about just laws in the syllabus. It is in the law and justice section under key questions/issues. 'WHat characterises a just law'
However, i do agree with everything else you said, the sylabus seems really short. But, the more you know, the more enhanced your answers will be...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)