• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is this a loophole? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Yeah when i was resetting my password i noticed that all you had to do was put ur email in and it will get sent to you...so theoretically u can type another persons username and ur own email and u can access their account...is that so? if that is so...then it should be fixed...cause someone tried to go in my account i think...i couldnt access it with my previous password and had to reset it....

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I assume the email and the user name needs to match...

sunny

meh.
HSC
The email address is matched with the email address on file - ie, it uses the email address like a password. The email typed in is matched against the email on file against that username. If they match, the password is sent to that email address only - not some random address you typed in.

edit: unless you're talking about the retrieve password page, where you just type in an email address. It'll send the login details of the account that has this particular email address, so only that person will receive it.

Last edited:

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
ok thanks...cause i couldnt access my acct with my old password while using mozilla...quite weird actually

X

xeuyrawp

santaslayer said:
unless someone else has access to ur email account?
What else is the option? Put in your login and phone number?

santaslayer

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Oh my goodness. Who the hell would create an honesty based system where a password gets emailed to any given email address. That wouldn't be exploited at all would it? :rolleyes: Of course it's not like that..
We live in La La Land. :p

X

xeuyrawp

mossup said:
oh dear......we are slow today aren't we! or is it like this all the time?
Oh I'd say all the time. Sugar is our Bored Blonde, so to speak.

Before I get off fruit thrown at me, I'll remind you all that I'm also blonde :p

X

xeuyrawp

mossup said:
haha i see. so thats why people let it slip!
I used to fight it. Then I realised it was like smashing my head against my monitor every time I tried to get some sort of sense out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)