Is this OK? (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
I did last years HSC and got 92/120 ~ 77% for it, is it a reasonable mark, above/below average, or should I just work heaps harder?

*Pooja*

i think its a reasonable mark. i think it should get you into the high 80s and low 90s. considering from my school teacher's interpretation, a 57% would get you to about 75%, then u should do pretty good.

correct me on this anyone!!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Thats a band E4 mark, from what I've seen and heard the average in a normal 4u exam is around 70%, but last year was a very hard exam.
EDIT: Actually i think the average is even lower than what i said.

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
aud said:
I did last years HSC and got 92/120 ~ 77% for it, is it a reasonable mark, above/below average, or should I just work heaps harder?
How much did you get for Q6? (i mean intellectually, not the mark itself) how much do you understand? I honestly tell you I don't understand much...

BUT

alternate segment theroem saved my ass :D as I have no clue on circle geometry, I just memorise one theorem from circle geometry into the exam... the rest is history

Edit: I mean Q8 the last question, not Q6... but Q6 i believe is the circle question anyway.... don't remember

Last edited:

aud

HSC
gman03 said:
How much did you get for Q6? (i mean intellectually, not the mark itself) how much do you understand? I honestly tell you I don't understand much...

BUT

alternate segment theroem saved my ass :D as I have no clue on circle geometry, I just memorise one theorem from circle geometry into the exam... the rest is history

Edit: I mean Q8 the last question, not Q6... but Q6 i believe is the circle question anyway.... don't remember
...? I think the circle q was 6... (edit: it's 7) I got that, and discovered that I can make my Cs like their Cs... what fun...

For 8, (if that's the q), I got out half of a, and a little over half of b, I got the whole IBP thing and the In thing... I couldn't believe that they gave 1 little mark for all that work, so I thought, OK, I've taken a really long way, then I looked at the answers and there's was huge as well... deplorable... but I didn't get the parts right at the end

grimreaper

HSC
Actually the average in a 4u exam doesnt usually reach 60%. In the 50 tips for 4u book it has the average mark for 1989-1999 and theyre all in the 55-70\120 range.

CrashOveride

HSC
grimreaper: Jeff Geha's one? Did u get so-called examination sample papers in there with worked solutions? It said it had it on the back but it was no where to be found. (so i didn't proceed to purchase it :p )

A

abdo

grimreaper said:
Actually the average in a 4u exam doesnt usually reach 60%. In the 50 tips for 4u book it has the average mark for 1989-1999 and theyre all in the 55-70\120 range.
the average for 2u is even less... :)

grimreaper

HSC
CrashOveride said:
grimreaper: Jeff Geha's one? Did u get so-called examination sample papers in there with worked solutions? It said it had it on the back but it was no where to be found. (so i didn't proceed to purchase it :p )
Yeah thats the one.... I also found it wierd that there were no exam papers in it

aud

HSC
CrashOveride said:
I'm not the only one then! I thought I had a faulty book...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)