Is this possible.... (1 Viewer)

kdes17

HSC
I do IPT, I got ...

94 for exam mark, 90 for assessment mark, 92 hsc mark.
I was ranked SECOND in class.

I was talking to a friend, and he got ...
93 for exam mark, 91 for assessment mark, 93 for hsc mark.
he was ranked THIRD in class.

so Im just wondering, how is it possible that i am ranked above him but he gets a higher assessment mark?

is this right or has my school entered wrong ranks or has something just gone wrong?

any help appreciated.

Kyroth***

HSC
What you got on your report, etc, wasn't your actuall ranking, you school's not allowed to tell you. To the extent where my friend got the prize at presentation night for bio, even though I beat her in the end. If you're basing it on something your school gave you, that's the problem. However, if you're basing it on the rankings you got a few weeks ago, sorry, no idea.

kdes17

HSC
im sort of basing it on the rank in my report, but i know for a fact that i beat him in each and every single assessment task in year 11 and 12, so i am 100% sure i am ranked above him.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
With the assessment marks, order is supposed to be kept the same. So contact your school first, and see what the go is, if the rank they gave you isn't the same rank they submitted then it's fine. Otherwise contact BOS.

kdes17

HSC
Dumsum said:
With the assessment marks, order is supposed to be kept the same. So contact your school first, and see what the go is, if the rank they gave you isn't the same rank they submitted then it's fine. Otherwise contact BOS.
yeah, i was thinking BOS first, but i suppose going to school first makes more sense.

kdes17

HSC
politik said:
Your rankings at school were based on Trial marks. The final rankings were based on assessment marks.
yes, but i beat him in every assessment

jebba_d

stop bitching. the mark you got is still very good and wont make any sort of dramatic difference. i did my ipt exam in yr11 and completely made no effort all yr. i ended up with 85. besides english (which i hold a deep hatred for), 85 is my lowest mark, and being ipt thats still not great i dont htink. but im happy with all my marks

xeia

HSC
the same thing happened to me! For history extension I got an exam mark of 40 and an assessment mark of 38, but I was ranked first in the class. Shouldn't I have two 40s? I was ranked equal first, so the only thing I can think of is the other guy got 36 and they averaged it out - but that seems kind of dodgy. I know it doesn't really matter, but 40 somehow seems like a heaps cooler mark than 39... I wish I knew exactly how they worked it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)