• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is UMAT necessary?? (1 Viewer)

joannamarie21

HSC
Hey im currently a yr 12 student this year and i was just wondering what areas of medicine is UMAT for like is it to become a doctor or just medicine as a whole.. Im not sure if i should do UMAT but i want to do something in medicine but not a doctor so does it apply and is it necessary?? Can you still get into uni if you havent done it?

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to study a medical degree, do the UMAT and do well. If you don't want a medical degree or a dentistry degree then don't do the test. Studying "medicine" means studying to be a doctor. I'm assuming by medicine as a whole you mean "healthcare" as a field. You don't need UMAT to study a "healthcare" related course but you do need it for a medical degree.

Medman

HSC
^Doesn't optometry also require UMAT?

You need to get your terms right if you ever want to pursue a career in that field. Like what havoc said medicine=doctor as in hospital doctors, GPs etc. Healthcare= physiotherapy, optometry, nursing, dietician etc.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
^Doesn't optometry also require UMAT?

You need to get your terms right if you ever want to pursue a career in that field. Like what havoc said medicine=doctor as in hospital doctors, GPs etc. Healthcare= physiotherapy, optometry, nursing, dietician etc.
Yeah optometry requires umat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)