Is your ship sinking? (1 Viewer)

M

Mayuki

Title speaks for itself. It's July and I've done a third of my major work. Holidays just started, so perhaps it's time I sat down and actually did a draft.

Where is everybody else at?

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
There are people who write their entire major works the night before, so you're not doing too badly. That said, now would be a damn good time to get a move on! Go go go!

A

amy.fuller

Hey my ship is sinking too. if not sunk. What are you doing for major work? im doing poetry and prob about 1/3 too. Don't worry... we're all in the same boat haha excuse the pun

vinhdicated

HSC
Hooray! People who don't make me feel bad!

I keep getting hounded by my teacher about getting a move on, but lately Ive had a severe case of writer's block. I managed to go over the word limit by 1000 words at one point, only to cut more than half of it out afterwards coz it was, well...shit.

So I'm back down to under 2000 words now, and the reflection statement is so damn craptacular that I've scrapped it too.

At least we have eachother...haha!
:)

A

amy.fuller

I haven't started Reflection Statement. Should probably get a move on. i know wat u mean about writers block- i finally have been getting somewhere lately and am at 3000ish with a few left to go.
Dw everything will get done in time with a positive attitude :)

well... lets hope :)

Helpme!!!!!!!

HSC
N/A
reflection statment... whats that... lol!

i'm actually getting somewhere. prob about half way through. But now i am soo stuck!

Good luck everyone :)!

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Reflection statement doesn't take too long to do. Just make sure you've got a copy of the syllabus on hand and carefully tick off all the reflection statement points. Almost there, '07! You can do it!

mad-triste

HSC
Reflection statement due in a day...

haven't started.

then again, reflection + report are due with my 2nd draft on the same day, so - what exactly can I do? I have a fantastical report, but not sure how to get the statement underway.

ahem. relevance.

But I do have a complete second draft, which makes me so happy. That makes 3/4 of my mws in completed draft form!

except one that I haven't started...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
im in year 11, hoping to do extension english next term (year 12) and have planned as much as is possible to, including thinking out my concept, writing a couple of draft poems etc.

am i a freak?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
you are a genius. i SO wish i did that. i planned to, but nothing i plan ever materialises for some reason...

as for extension two: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK it is due next thursday and i've changed my concept a zillion times.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Haha!
I'm worried though. Very worried.
I don't understand this whole concept of referring to other poets. Why can our poetic style not be our own style as in unique and individual.
I don't read hardly any poetry enough to know who i could even be influenced by.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
but you have so much time to read more poetry! it can be part of your research. your own style is supposed to be influenced by others you read. and lol don't be worried. you have >1 year to work on it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)