• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ISYS114 vs COMP115 - which one? (1 Viewer)

akiva

HSC
N/A
Has anyone done both or able to compare these?

Which one is better or easier to get a good grade in (need to seriously up the gpa!!!!).

Which is the more interesting? What do they entail?

Cheers!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ISYS123 without a shadow of doubt. A friend of mine crammed the entire 13 week course and he will probably get D - HD.

COMP115 isn't too bad, but 123 is a million times easier

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
yeah everyones been telling me to do isys123 as well, apparently isys 114 requires quite a bit of programming. but i don't know, i'm going to do isys 123 next year

prusso

HSC
114 does not require programming
the only coding u will do is a searching sql commands
select, from, where, orderby

dont do comp115, bullshit subject, crap lecturers and if u dont like computer programming u will hate it
114 is all about databases and designing them
123 is absolutely basic and is a guaranteed distinction, if u have had a pc for over 3 weeks u should drill this subject :)

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
I did 114 last semester, the theoretical section isn't that interesting. The SQL coding is relatively simple. Got a D so it's not that bad.

pixie88

HSC
i do isys123. its pretty easy =) just microsoft word and stuff...i did comp115 last sem...its so freakn hard =_= i didnt get it from the beginning and never ended up getting it =_= ended got a PC for it...managed to transfer tho...never need to see C++ stuff thank god. alot of my friends either failed or got PC for it as well... isys 123 is good...the percentage of passes was like 90 sumfin last semester =) all isys subs are easier then comp subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)