• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IT at school vs IT at TAFE (1 Viewer)

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
Hey all just wondering if there is all that much difference in undertaking the course through school or through TAFE...
Is there a big difference in exam results from those who have studied IT at school? are the people better off by doing IT at TAFE?

santaslayer

HSC
I don't think so. The course is administered through both TAFE and school because they are official means of gaining accreditions in Australia. I knew of friends that had to go to TAFE to do Accounting because the school didn't offer it. :) But there should be no major difference.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Funny enough I used to teach both in the tafe and the school system at the same time. They do have to teach the same thing but the one I was teaching at the process was very dodgy.

this_guy

i reckon that if it is offered at school it would be better, simply ecause you can get feedback and you can comunicate with the teacher anytime you want

deadnature

HSC
I actually am doin I.T through TAFE and i think it's not that bad - i know people that are doing it at school are getting real low marks due to the style in which they teach it i.e. crap. But that's just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)