• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

IT Definitions (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
What does these words means in simpler terms?

Version control
Filters
Internal clients

-Recoil-

Well straight off I know Internal clients are basically the employees of the organisation and like contractors/suppliers.

Depends on the context for filters and as for version control.. Hmm.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
For version control relates to the topic "design organisation documents using computing packages" and filter- "integrate commercial computing packages"

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
A Filter:
A program that accepts a certain type of data as input, transforms it in some manner, and then outputs the transformed data. For example, a program that sorts names is a filter because it accepts the names in unsorted order, sorts them, and then outputs the sorted names.
Utilities that allow you to import or export data are also sometimes called filters.

A pattern through which data is passed. Only data that matches the pattern is allowed to pass through the filter.

In paint programs and image editors, a filter is an effect that can be applied to a bit map. Some filters mimic conventional photographic filters, but many transform images in unusual ways. A pointillism filter, for example, can make a digitized photograph look like a pointillistic painting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)