• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

It looks as if I've made a mistake... (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So I went to Info Day, very nice overall - and figured that from the information they gave me, I could combine my B Science (Advanced Maths) degree with Commerce by approval of some sort.

Fast forward two days and I'm flicking through the UAC Guide and I see it listed as a course I could apply for.

Needless to say, its ATAR is 97.20 but I was lucky enough to be given the UNSW AAA scholarship which means +5 points for my ATAR which means it goes to a whopping... 100.40! =D

But of course the Main Round apps are now closed and I want to put the B Comm/B Sc (Adv Math) as part of my preferences...

My questions are:

1. If I change it say... tomorrow, will my super duper 100.40 ATAR be carried over to the Early February Round? and similarly;
2. Will my super duper 100.40 ATAR be "used up" in the Main Round if/when I get my offer for the normal B Sc (Adv Maths) and so it won't be taken into effect afterward?

Also, for a B Comm/B Sc (AdvMath)... what could I do with that? I was encouraged by one of my teachers to do something other than science and maybe commerce would be nice. It'd certainly expand my marketability, and employability I suppose. But is there any specific job that would pop up from that degree?

I know: "Next time, read the frigging UAC Guide back to front".

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
iSplicer, I did and that's what alerted me to the mistake in the first place when I saw it listed.

They need to set out their guide better... the B Comm/B Sc (Adv Math) isn't with the B Comm double/combined degrees or the B Sc (Adv Math) double degrees but is tucked away in the middle next to Information Systems and International Commerce of all things!

Thus: GUG is awesome, and the cover girl makes it awesome-r =P

And Bored of Fail, I know... I know...

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
iSplicer, I did and that's what alerted me to the mistake in the first place when I saw it listed.

They need to set out their guide better... the B Comm/B Sc (Adv Math) isn't with the B Comm double/combined degrees or the B Sc (Adv Math) double degrees but is tucked away in the middle next to Information Systems and International Commerce of all things!

Thus: GUG is awesome, and the cover girl makes it awesome-r =P

And Bored of Fail, I know... I know...
GUG has all the answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)