• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Italian results so far (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
how is everyone going in italian in terms of their marks so far? We got the results of our last in-school assessment today. i came 1st which i am very happy about but because we only have a class of 10 people, it would be nice ot compare it with other people!!

How does your teacher mark? Hard, soft,fair? Our teacher is very fair because he does HSC marking. What sort of assessments do you have to make up your in-school assessments?

Anyway, I am coming first with 88%. 2nd is on 81% i think.

What is your best area? i hate listening but i always seem to go ok in it. Speaking scares me but i manage and reading, writing and reponding really depend on the question!!

Kakie

i am on about 96.5 average coming first out of 8...my teacher marks really well...in speaking she marks us, then plays the tape to another teacher who has done hsc marking in the past, and combine their marks to give us ours...i hate reading and responding, but so long as you get the gist of it its really not hard and listening, i was never good at until last year when i went to italy...and i know it wont help now, but being surrounded by the language really helps...
for inschool assessments we do a mix of past papers, and if they are pre new hsc our teacher makes up 3.2 questions on them.
good luck

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
yeah i for all exams except listening i have an average of 96.. although cos i suck at listening i'm dragged down to 87 NOOO!
damn.. i'm coming 2nd. :(

s2ophie

HSC
for your exams does each area (listening, writing etc) have equal weighting? Ours are all worth different amounts.

s2ophie

HSC
no i think you'll find that they have different weightings in the HSC. I couldn't tell you exactly what our weightngs are though!!

Kakie

i know listening is 15, speaking is 20 reading and responding is 25...ehm writing...hold on that doesnt add up...managia!!

s2ophie

HSC
from memory writing is 10 - thats the only one i remember!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah they all have different weightings in the hsc.. like, if i remember correctly, i think speaking is worth the least (in weighting) and then writing and then the listening&reading and responding. something like that.

s2ophie

HSC
from our yr 11 subject choices book this is what it is:

Internal Assessment
Speaking - 20
Listening and Responding - 25
Reading and responding - 40
Writing in Italian - 15

For the HSC:
Speaking Exam - 20
Listening and responding - 25
Reading and responding
Part A - 25
Part B - 15
Writing in Italian - 15

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
ahh now i remember why i didn't chuck a spack about it before...the 2nd part of the reading/responding you have to write anyway...so in essence writing is about 30 :)

this year i've been really lazy with italian.. the only practice i ever do now is writing emails and on this forum.. :s in theory i should actually study hey... esp. for listening..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
BUT... its not easy 2 study 4, theres barely nething u can do, yeah learn grammer, maybe vocab, maybe listening and writing practice but i dunno, its not like other subjects

s2ophie

HSC
yeah a lot of your study is in class time. i mean where else do you get to practice listening in the same format your tested on in the exam?

Kakie

umm get ur teacher to make 3.2 style questions for old listening papers....to test in the new exam format...

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
BUT... its not easy 2 study 4, theres barely nething u can do, yeah learn grammer, maybe vocab, maybe listening and writing practice but i dunno, its not like other subjects
that's what's so great about it.. it gives me an excuse NOT to study heh..
and anyway, i really worked hard on italian last year so it's paying off this year..although i do have to admit i could've done alot more listening..

do you guys have any other methods of studying? our teacher's taking the 5 of us down to leichart (don't mind the spelling) later this term (yay!). in summary italian is a bludge.. kinda like a social club :)

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by mei_ling03
in summary italian is a bludge.. kinda like a social club :)

italian is certainly not a bludge for my class. My teacher always makes us work hard however it is a bit like a social club because i went to italy with my class and we always chat about that and also because in our other classes, we delight in talking in italian so other people can't understand us!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
italian is certainly not a bludge for my class. My teacher always makes us work hard however it is a bit like a social club because i went to italy with my class and we always chat about that and also because in our other classes, we delight in talking in italian so other people can't understand us!
really? thats funny (talking in italian), yeah thats cool that u can make such good friends from going overseas with them. but i agree that languages in a general are a bludge!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)