itunes (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
How do I remove the files that have been moved/changed from the music library?

ie. the files with the exclamation marks.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
JimmyK said:
right click on the file u want to remove from the list - and click clear
if u wanna select multiple files hold Ctrl - then click on the files you want and then do the above!
what if i got thousands to remove?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
MedNez said:
This sounds perfect, but unfortunately is not free :S I'm not sure how you can do it otherwise without clearing the library and starting again.
acctually i found it fixes everything when i closed itunes as started it again.

stupid itunes can't play WMA :mad: damn format wars

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
MedNez said:
This sounds perfect, but unfortunately is not free :S I'm not sure how you can do it otherwise without clearing the library and starting again.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
hmm.. strange.. i seem to remember that itunes did play wma's.. but i converted them all to mp3s anyway so i can put them on my ipod.. maybe im getting confused with somthing wrong.
if the files you wanna get rid of are duplicates (similar song titles etc) you can use the 'Show Duplicate Songs' tool avaliable from the Edit menu - this might help you, but I'm not sure!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i've given up on itunes, back to WMP10 [dispite snail search]

itunes really sucks in some aspects.... i hope it is fixed in 5.0

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
- I can't make an auto playlist that will list recently added files [auto playlists are generally less featureful]
- can't play WMA
- if convert to Mp3, it will create a new copy each time you add the file to library (wtf...?)
- can't sync library to a folder, ie if files are moved the move is detected
- no advanced tag editor
- no stop button? [dosen't really matter since i got media keyboard, but strange]

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
- I can't make an auto playlist that will list recently added files [auto playlists are generally less featureful]
Yes you can - make a smart play list .. and use the 'Date Added' option that contains songs within the past X days!
jm1234567890 said:
- can't play WMA
- if convert to Mp3, it will create a new copy each time you add the file to library (wtf...?)
It does that so you dont loose your wma files incase you have a media device that only plays wmas (unlikely i know).
jm1234567890 said:
- - can't sync library to a folder, ie if files are moved the move is detected
jm1234567890 said:
- - no advanced tag editor
I'm not sure what you mean by advanced.. but if u click and then click again (not quite double click) on the portion of the tag u wanna edit (eg title, artist etc) and then type in what you want. You can adjust the colums accordingly to the degree of information you want to know about the tracks in your list.
jm1234567890 said:
- - no stop button? [dosen't really matter since i got media keyboard, but strange]
press space bar to stop and start the song! the pause/play button does exactly the same thing - i guess there is no real need for a stop button... if you wanna go back to the start of a song.. use your left arrow key!

petro8u

HSC
yeah how do you make itunes sync to a folder, such as you shared folder for p2p progz, so that when it is updated it automatically updates in your itunes library??

Also while i am here, how do i make it so that when i hook my shuffle to another computer with itunes it doesnt automatically format the drive??? :vcross:

thanks

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
JimmyK said:
Yes you can - make a smart play list .. and use the 'Date Added' option that contains songs within the past X days!
yeah, but you can only type in date, not last X days.

JimmyK said:
It does that so you dont loose your wma files incase you have a media device that only plays wmas (unlikely i know).
yeah, but if you add a folder a 2nd time, you get 2 copies, 3 times, 3copies, etc...
it doesn't detect that it has already make a copy.

JimmyK said:
I'm not sure what you mean by advanced.. but if u click and then click again (not quite double click) on the portion of the tag u wanna edit (eg title, artist etc) and then type in what you want. You can adjust the colums accordingly to the degree of information you want to know about the tracks in your list.
the one in media player displays the selected songs in a pane on the left, very useful.

JimmyK said:
press space bar to stop and start the song! the pause/play button does exactly the same thing - i guess there is no real need for a stop button... if you wanna go back to the start of a song.. use your left arrow key!
[/quote]

yeah true.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
JimmyK said:
just so u know.. you can actually make a recently added with the last X days.. because I've got it on my list!!
What i've got is:
Date Added > is in the last > 7 > days
and ive got live updating checked
hmmm, i missed that, ah well

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iTunes has really shit me lately, so i deleted the damn thing.

anyone used ephpod? Its great but you need a firewire card which sucks cos i dont have one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)