Jap Beginners books (1 Viewer)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
hi everyone, ive been a member for a while, but havent written in any of the forums, just been using sam to trace my progress,
wellp, sadly, my teacher has left the school, and we had a replacement teacher, although shes more fluent in japanese, shes taking an awfully long time to go through the booklets, from what ive heard there are 36units to go through in the begiiners slyb. when she arrived ( which was feb) till now, we have only completed unit 20,12 and 22. at this rate, we will never get the booklets done, so i was wondering for my own benifit, it would b mayb a smart move to learn by myself, thus i have been looking for a excel summary type book for beginners, but the only one i have found which follows the sylb. is a book in kinokuniya ( i 4got the name) but it cost nearly 50$!!!!
are there any other books out there?
cheers.

..:''ooo

HSC
WAKKATA is a very good book.
probably better than most of the books u have

holy priest

HSC
..:''ooo said:
WAKKATA is a very good book.
probably better than most of the books u have
'Wakatta' is a continuers book. You'll learn extra stuff that you wont be tested on. It might be good, but there's no point if you dont know the yr 9/10 content before you start. So sadly, one of the only books that you'll find that will strictly stick to the syllabus is 'A first course in Japanese' - I think thats the one you found. Other than that, i think that you should just go ahead in the booklets if you already have them.

One other thing you could try, is to post somethng on the buy/sell forum and look for maybe a second hand of different types of textbooks. If you find an alfonso textbook, they can be useful. But, 'A first course in Japanese is probably your best bet, in spite of the cost.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
hey thanks for the replies, mmmz i went down to parramatta yesterday and saw a japanese begginers excel book, it was very basic though
sad thing is, she doenst give us extra booklets,
she goes ' if i give it to you guys, your sure to loose it'
for crying out loud ! we are basically adults now!

holy priest

HSC
The excel made one wont teach you anything, its mostly excercises, exam preparation... that sort of thing, so its only good if you already know the information. Its meant to be used with A first course in japanese supposedly [same author for both].
Its too bad about your teacher, and because its holidays as well. One other thing to do is go borrow a resource off a public library. It might help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)