• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Japanese Culture (1 Viewer)

T

Testpilot

I have to give a speech on Japanese Youth Culture. Any advive on what to talk about and how to structure it? I was thinking of talking about manga/anime, video games, fashion, school clubs etc.

P

pLuvia

Also talk about the technology the youth use, i.e. mobile (keitai denwa), cameras(kamera) etc.
You should structure it using, ~to omou, ~wo kanjiru, ~sou, ~mitai, ~rashi. Use connecting words like saishouni (to start off the body), saigo (to end), soshite, sorede, tashika ni, wakeha ~ kara, and yeh
Hope that helped

AmenoKitarou

HSC
ohhhhhh i've been to japan on exchange.

my god the Toilets there are fascinating!!!
They have temperature controls for the toilet seat...and there's this control where you can WASH ur ass!!!! It's so hilarious i gave a speech on it once~

T

Testpilot

[FONT=&quot]this is my speech, copied striaght out of its word doc, i think this is the beginers speaking task, or something similar, so it may be useful.

オーストラリアでユースの文化と日本でユース文化は色々ちがいます。ユースは[/FONT]13[FONT=&quot]才からせい人までです。日本でせいじんははたちです。でもオーストラリアでせいじんは18才です。せいじんはアルコホルをのん�*りたばこをすったりもいいです。[/FONT]<o></o>
<o></o>
[FONT=&quot]日本のユースにとってはアニメやまんがやビデオゲー�*などが人気があります。どこでもユースはまんがを�*むことができます。まんがとアニメは人気があるしたくさんユースはえをかくことが好きです。日本のユースはすこし�*けテレビをみます。�*から、一番すきなテレビショーをみるそうです。ビデオゲー�*も人気があります。ほかのビデオゲー�*より[/FONT]RPG[FONT=&quot]ゲー�*が好きからフィナルファンタシは一番人気があります。でも、日本でビデオゲー�*はとても高いからとも�*ちとゲー�*をこうかんします。[/FONT]<o></o>
<o></o>
[FONT=&quot]日本のユースはせんもんの高�*�に行きます。時々、土曜日に�*��*�にいかなければなりません。ほうかごでクラブかつどうをしてもいいです。スポーツと文化のクラブがあります。色々なクラブにはいってもいいです。たとえば、やきゅうやいけばなやけんどなどです。たくさんのせいとはクラブかつどうをたのしいと思っています。せいとは�*��*�から帰って勉強としゅく�*いをします。たとえば、私は日本に行った時、よへいさんのかぞくにとまります。毎ばん、よへいさんは12時から3時まで勉強します。�*から、つぎのあさはおくれておきるし、でんしゃまではしります。私は日本のせいとは勉強をやりすぎると思います。[/FONT]<o></o>
[FONT=&quot]オーストラリアのユースにはパーテイやおんがくやえいがなどが人気があります。週まつによくパーテイをします。パーテイでアルコホル飲ん�*り、おんがくをきいたりします。でも、パーテイでたくさんの人は18才がありません。�*から、アルコホルを飲んではいけません。オストラリアのユースの�*でおんがくも人気があります。たくさんの人は�*ックやポップスなどが好きですからたくさんのバンドはゆうめいになりました。えいがかんはしんやまでにあくためにユースはえいがを見られます。[/FONT]<o></o>
<o></o>
[FONT=&quot]オーストラリアのユースはごぜん8時半からごご3時まで�*��*�に行きます。10�*んせいから�*��*�に行かなくてもいい。私はしゅしょくするより[/FONT]HSC[FONT=&quot]を勉強するほうがいいです。私は高�*�をそつぎょしてから大�*�でエンジニアリングを勉強するつもりです。[/FONT]<o></o>
[FONT=&quot]オーストラリアでは17才からうんてんめんきょしょうをもっています。私はべんりと思います。でも、ユースのドライバはすこし�*けのけいけんがありますからたくさんこいつうじこをします。�*から、としうえの人はユースはあぶないドライバ�*と言っています。[/FONT]<o></o>>
<o>></o>
[FONT=&quot]このよりに、オストラリアでユースの文化と日本でユース文化は色々ちがいます

[/FONT]
Australian youth culture and Japanese youth culture have various differences. Youth is from 13 to adulthood. In Japan Adulthood comes at 20 years of age, but in <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on"></st1:country-region></st1>Australia adulthood come at 18 years old. From the age of adulthood it is ok if you drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes.<o></o>
<o></o>
In <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Japan</st1:country-region></st1>, anime, comics and video games are popular amongst youths. It is possible to see youths reading comic books everywhere. Because comics and anime are popular many youths like drawing pictures. Japanese youths only watch a little TV. Therefore I have heard that they only watch their favourite TV show. Video Games are also popular. Because RPG games are more popular than other game types Final Fantasy is the most popular (game). But in Japan<st1></st1> video games are very expensive so friends share their games.<o></o>
<o></o>
Japanese Youths go to specialized high schools. Sometimes they must go to school on Saturdays. After school lessons students may do club activities. There are sport and culture clubs. (Students) may enter various clubs. For example, Baseball, flowers arranging, kendo etc. I think many students enjoy club activities. After returning home from school students do homework and study. For example, when I went to <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Japan</st1:country-region></st1>, I stayed with Yohei’s family. Every night Yohei studied from 12 (am) to 3 (am). Therefore, the next morning because he got up late we had to run to the train. I think that Japanese students do too much study.<o></o>
<o></o>
Amongst Australian youths music, movies and parties are popular. On weekends there are often parties. At parties (youths) drink alcohol and listen to music (and do other things). But at parties many people aren’t 18. Therefore, they must not drink alcohol. Amongst Australian youths music is popular. Because many people like rock (music) and pop (music) many bands have become famous. Movie cinemas stay open until late for the purpose of allowing youths to watch movies.<o></o>
<o></o>
Australian youths go to school from <st1:time hour="8" minute="30" w:st="on">8:30am</st1:time> to <st1:time hour="15" minute="0" w:st="on">3pm</st1:time>. After year 10 it is ok if you don’t go to school. I think it is better to study your HSC rather than search for employment. After graduating from high school I think I intend to study engineering at university.<o></o>
<o></o>
In <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Australia</st1:country-region></st1> you can hold a driver’s license from the age of 17. I think this is convenient, but because young drivers only have a little experience there is a lot of car crashes. Therefore older people say that it is dangerous for youths to drive.<o></o>
<o></o>
[FONT=&quot]Therefore, Australian youth culture and Japanese youth culture have various differences.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

rhia

salty
HSC
Testpilot said:
this is my speech, copied striaght out of its word doc, i think this is the beginers speaking task, or something similar, so it may be useful.
the board of studies forum doesn't display japanese correctly, so we can't get the full effect of your speech. if you're keen, you could post it fully in romaji.

T

Testpilot

Because its unreadable, here's the word doc, there may be a few mistakes because it is not the final version but it should help beginers. Though some sentances/ words might need to be looked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)