Jesus H. Kidman! VANITY FAIR Trailer Out! (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1808566789&intl=us

Stars Reese Witherspoon, et al. Directed by acclaimed and amazing female indian director, Mira Nair.

Vanity Fair is Oscar material, and Mira is definately and hopefully getting a nomination for Directing.

Have a look guys, its got some great buzz. I didnt like the trailer at first as it is a bit slow but it gets better.

ENJOY!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It will be interesting if the book is Hollywoodized or if they actually carry Thackeray's satire to the screen. Rather than treating the book as a story to be told it should be treated as the scathing social satire which it is.... unfortunately I doubt it will be allowed to carry that to the big screen, and will instead be some melodramatic story.... I hope they don't wreck the book though....

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
It will be interesting if the book is Hollywoodized or if they actually carry Thackeray's satire to the screen. Rather than treating the book as a story to be told it should be treated as the scathing social satire which it is.... unfortunately I doubt it will be allowed to carry that to the big screen, and will instead be some melodramatic story.... I hope they don't wreck the book though....
yeah, i get weary when a book I like goes to the big screen too...am also worried about Reese Witherspoon in the starring role too

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't like Reese Witherspoon in period peices. She doesn't suit.

clerisy

HSC
I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to watch it. I haven't seen the trailer, but I've seen random shots in magazines of Reese Witherspoon as Becky Sharp and was horrified. It completely contradicts the image I had of her, and am afraid that, no matter how good the film is in its own right (or even how well they bring it to the screen) it won't match what's in my head. Which could possibly ruin one of my favourite books... I don't think I can risk it.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1808566789&intl=us

Stars Reese Witherspoon, et al. Directed by acclaimed and amazing female indian director, Mira Nair.

Vanity Fair is Oscar material, and Mira is definately and hopefully getting a nomination for Directing.

Have a look guys, its got some great buzz. I didnt like the trailer at first as it is a bit slow but it gets better.

ENJOY!
let me see...

plugs movie based on female lead...check
mentions the oscars...check
smug sense of cultural superiority...check

yep, this is definately a nate berkus post

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i thought the bbc version was lovely... but geez... reese witherspoon as becky sharp?? i will believe it when i see it ^^
thank goodness for romola garai... how perfect was she in daniel deronda?! i'd have thought she'd be a better becky...

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
let me see...

plugs movie based on female lead...check
mentions the oscars...check
smug sense of cultural superiority...check

yep, this is definately a nate berkus post
Um, the only reason ive tracked this movie is because its directed by Mira Nair. The only cast members im interested in are Jim Broadbent and Gabriel Byrne. I cant bear Reese since Legally Blone 2.

Oscars are a big part of this movie, its in with alot of buzz. Its how i found out about the movie.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Anyone seen "Monsoon Wedding", "Missisipi Masala", "11"09'01" or even "Salaam Bombay"?

They were directed by Mira (except for 110901 she codirected a segment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)