• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jlpt (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
what's the actual point of taking the test? i mean, obviously it a test to determine one's level of profiency, but does it open any doors, etc?

i've had enough tests for this year: no. especially not one i have to pay for.

P

pLuvia

As said in a previous thread

Some universities require you to sit this exam in order for you to do japanese, or if you want to skip basic japanese subjects and go to the harder subjects (in uni) then you do this test.

But it just tests your skill level level 4 is the easiest for beginners students, level 3 is for continuers/extension and usually level 2 is uni level. It's recognised worldwide so it's worth it. But if you intend to take it, be serious or you just wasted $50-$60.

There's also the ACER language test, but that's easy :p

Last edited by a moderator:

rhia

salty
HSC
well, i'd like to not be learning hiragana if i were to be able to study japanese university: do you have any specific links (perhaps it's in the thread in which you mentioned, that i am yet to comb through) to university websites which state their position on the jlpt?

i think one's actual functional abilities should be assessed worldwide, on the spot, as opposed to the results of a test... languages tend to be forgotten when not used: so the jlpt might not be accurate (unless it like, 'expires' or something).

rhia

salty
HSC
i'll take the test if i find out that it's required by the university that i end up applying for, otherwise i'm not forking out for bragging rights. (no offense, just think it's pointless to take ... for the point of it.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)