Joan of Arcadia. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
So who watched it tonight, and what did you think of it? I thought it was actually pretty good. I will definitely be watching it again tomorrow night (actually taping it because it clashes with One Tree Hill:mad: ). I am interested to see where the story line goes. I also like the theme song:cool:!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
yeah i saw it....pretty good..but i cant work out how the dead chick and her mum work into the story just yet......i guess i'll have to watch more of it ey lol

the theme song..good song by itself + it matches the whole god being human thing......almost seems like they heard the song & based the show around it..which could've happened i guess

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
alby said:
yeah i saw it....pretty good..but i cant work out how the dead chick and her mum work into the story just yet......i guess i'll have to watch more of it ey lol
What? I don't know what you are talking about:confused:.

alby said:
the theme song..good song by itself + it matches the whole god being human thing......almost seems like they heard the song & based the show around it..which could've happened i guess
Yeah, the theme song definitely does suit the show:).

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i watched it.. it was ok...
amber tamblyn can act.. she's a good cry'er... :)
you know the person who originally sang that song was joan osborne a few years ago...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jlh said:
amber tamblyn can act.. she's a good cry'er... :)
I was thinking the exact thing when was watching the show:eek:!

jlh said:
you know the person who originally sang that song was joan osborne a few years ago...
Who is that:eek:?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Merethrond said:
What? I don't know what you are talking about:confused:.

Yeah, the theme song definitely does suit the show:).
there's some crap about a mum who's heaps cut that her daughter's just been killed or something...some other story cutting into joan's story........i think....

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
By the way - The Pilot Eppy (shown) was Amber Tamblyn's EMMY Submission.

How she lost to Allison Janney is beyond me.

(Joan Of Arcadia came as one of the biggest shocks in Emmy history when it got nominated for Drama Series in its first year)

Great episode, and Amber was a standout. Nothing Brilliant, but really good tv.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
who's Allison Janney and from what show??

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Allison fucking Janney always gets the Emmy. I admire her work, but seriously the West Wing is old, the academy should just get the fuck over it and stop giving it so much awards.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good - certainly got me tuning in tonight.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Ah :eek:! I thought it aired tonight :(! I really wanted to watch it to... aww... :(.
It is on Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30 PM on Channel Nine:).

Althea said:
Can someone please fill me in on what happened :eek:? Thanks :)!
You can get a complete transcript of the Pilot here:).

Althea said:
Was that the song they used when they were adverstising the show... 'What if God was one of us' -
if so, I love that song :)!
That's the one. It is called "One of Us":).

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Trigger189 said:
Allison fucking Janney always gets the Emmy. I admire her work, but seriously the West Wing is old, the academy should just get the fuck over it and stop giving it so much awards.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good - certainly got me tuning in tonight.

That fucktart isnt losing and I'm now going to predict her to win every year until the show ends.

This wasnt even one of Ambers strongest episode! Wasnt even her top 10!

FYI - The reason that Allison Janney is going to win the emmy again, is because she is going to submit the episode that will come up where CJ has to take her Dad off life support. If she doesnt submit that, she wants Mariska to win.

I remember last year, NOBODY was going to beat Edie Falco for the Sopranos submitting 'Whitecaps' - one of the best performances in history. The year before was a huge shock, when she beat out both Six Feet Under girls, AND Jennifer Garners 90 minute powerhouse Pilot episode ("Truth Be Told") for Alias.

Grr.

persephone

HSC
i am so addicted to joan of arcadia that i downloaded the transcripts for the first and most of the second season. and i can't wait for them to be shown here. btw, my god the season finale and the second season...just too good for words

MouNtY

i've already seen heaps of episodes of this in new zealand a long time ago, and i'm totally diggin' it...i think it's a great show, and the chick that plays joan is totally hot

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i think this show is awful. The only redeeming thing is amber tamblyn, but that alone wont make me tune in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)